Chapter 39: Moving On

MANDYS POV:

It's almost 1 am and I'm still outside. I can't bring myself to walk into that house and make it seem like everything is ok and I had a great time. I know Roxy will be occupied with Chris but I also know that she will know something is up. I sit up and creep towards the door, looking through the window to see if I see anyone. Nobody looks to be around in the kitchen so I slowly open the door and creep inside quietly. I hear Roxy and Chris laughing from the other room so I take my shoes off and scurry to my room. 

Finally, Im inside and I was unnoticed. I plug in my phone and look to see if i have any calls or texts from anyone. Nothing....figures I knew he wasn't going to message me. 

I put on some music and lay in bed contemplating on what to do. I think of all the memories I have had here the last year or so. I had so much fun here, and also a lot of heartache. I lost my Aunt, my boyfriend (way too many times), I lost myself here...but I also have a great job, a beautiful home, and of course my best friend. I close my eyes and eventually I fall asleep.

The next morning I'm woken up to the blender in the kitchen. I roll out of bed still in my clothes from last night. 

"Hey sleepy head, its like 11 am, you never sleep this late," Roxy says pouring herself a smoothie from the loud blender that woke me up. 

"Yeah well I guess I was just really tired," I say grabbing some coffee. 

"Why are you still in your clothes from last night? Is Brian here? Did you guys makeup?" she asks peeking around the corner. 

"No, not exactly. I came home around 1 am and sat outside until about 2 then finally snuck in." I say.

Roxy looks at me confused, "You snuck in?"

I take a sip of my piping hot coffee, "Yeah I didn't want to interrupt you and Chris so I snuck in and went to bed." 

"Are you ok? You look like something is wrong, you have this....look to you right now."

I look at her and force a smile, "Im fine, just tired and need to shower. I'll be better after I get myself cleaned up and get some food." 

I go back to my room and get my head together. I got this, I can't let Roxy know yet. I need to figure this out on my own this time. I gotta tell Brian I'm done, and then start to get my shit together. It's time I move on....to better myself.