21 | Printer

You felt like something was missing. You unpacked another cardboard box full of your stuff and placed a textbook on the bookshelf. Before pulling down the blinds, you took a look outside. Hundreds of trees surrounded the U.A. grounds, lit up by street lights all the way to the academy.

For the first time in a while, you relaxed. Though that calmness soon vanished when you realised that tomorrow would be the first time you would see Todoroki since the Sports Festival.

You would be lying if you said that you didn't mind that he didn't say goodbye to you that sunny weekend. Fuyumi had helped you pack your things. And you were grateful Endeavor had not got the chance to complain as Mr Aizawa loaded your suitcase into his car and drove you all the way to U.A.

Your new home at the U.A. dorms had been waiting for you shortly after your teacher raised his concerns about your living arrangements. Little did the staff at U.A. know about the real reason for your sudden decision to move out. Yet they did not complain in the least. You recognised that they kept their word: U.A. truly cared for their students.

The brand-new building smelled like plastic. You ran a finger across the spotless window sill, realising what was missing. You had forgotten your silver music box under the bed you slept in at the Todoroki household. It's gonna be awkward to ask for that one back.

---

You glanced out of the window from your desk at the front of your homeroom. A few students leisurely walked to the main school building. Taking a sharp breath in, you noticed Todoroki strolling past the large door to your homeroom. Given that the room was rather empty, now could be a good time for you to muster enough courage to catch up with him?

However, he approached Yaoyorozu, with a cloth bag in his arm. You forced yourself to look out of the window, letting the fresh breeze attempt to distract you. Even though it shouldn't be any of your business, you couldn't help but try to listen in.

A loud noise by your side startled you. Bakugo had thrown his school bag on his desk. He set a foot on his chair as he glared at you. "What's with the fuckin' depressing mood?"

You shrugged your shoulders, secretly annoyed that the explosive boy wasn't allowing you to hear Todoroki's conversation with Yaoyorozu.

Kicking one of the legs ot your desk, Bakugo's face contorted into a scowl. "Listen to me, damn it!"

You aligned your desk, not without shooting Bakugo a glare back. Why did he always have to do this? Even if you wanted to ignore him, you knew that would only result in him getting even more riled up. "What now?"

"That's better. Was it that bloody hard, cheater?" he lowered his voice while you looked over to your side to see his shit-eating grin.

Rolling your eyes, you sank into your seat.

He tried to push yet another button to get a reaction from you. "Or are you still salty you lost against fuckin' engine-legs last week? Because, for fuck sakes, it looked like only reason you lost was because you were too much of a fuckin' wet wipe to fight me!"

I'll give you a piece of my mind later, just let me listen to what Shoto's saying. You clenched your jaw as you faintly recognised your name part Todoroki's mouth from the back of the classroom.

Your ears perked up and all traces of irritation that had been marring your facial features went missing in action.

Bakugo knew well that his outbursts bothered you less and less these days as you were growing used to them, but the only thing that having your skin grow thicker achieved was to piss him off even more.