33 | Fire

"(y/n), get out of here. Run!"

Aizawa's voice echoed in your ears as the swirling blue flames surrounded you. There wasn't any time to decide on a course of action, no choice for you to make. But you stood there, frozen in fear, as your hands trembled.

Was this what your father felt like that day? Did Endeavor's fire feel the same way, although it meant to rescue him, not harm him?

Aizawa's tired eyes widened as Dabi appeared by his side. "Your concern has you distracted, Eraserhead," Dabi stated as he blasted your teacher with a large-scale flame attack.

As the blue flames neared Aizawa, he called out for Vlad King - the other teacher in charge. He then pointed at you. "I SAID RUN, (y/n)!"

"No, Mr. Aizawa!" you cried out when the flames engulfed him. You took a sharp breath in as the fire closed in on you, filling your lungs with smoke. You needed to make a move. Now. Even if that villain had gotten your teacher, you needed to get away.

"You Pro Heroes should stay out of the way. We haven't come looking for any of you," Dabi said before he narrowed his grave, turquoise eyes at you. "So, are you (l/n) scum, too? Tell me, why do you want to be a hero?"

You dodged some more fire, only your sleeve was burnt, which you brushed with your hand until you put the fire out. Your breathing became heavy. Even if you wanted to reply, you had plenty on your plate already with having to struggle against his lethal flames.

"This is your last chance. Are you bent like your uncle?"

You managed to spit out an answer between a few coughs."I- I'll be a hero."

Aizawa called for Dabi's attention from near the top of the building, where he had jumped to evade the attack. A glimpse of a path between the fire opened to you, and you didn't hesitate this time. However, you stopped right on your tracks as you felt Dabi's presence behind you. You quickly sent a punch flying at him, and even though you loaded it with your life energy, he caught your hand.

"Well done on avoiding me, Eraserhead. Too bad you left this one behind," Dabi seethed. You swung your injured arm at him in a desperate attempt to break free.

Yet, he captured your other hand and twisted it, causing you to shriek in pain as you heard something snap. Though you tried to absorb his life energy, it didn't work as he continued to apply force on your broken wrist. Crack. Dabi snapped another one of your bones, which hurt so much you felt bile rise in your throat as you landed on the ground with a deafening thud.

Dabi's blue flames yet again circled you and Aizawa, but they suddenly vanished.

Adjusting his yellow goggles, Aizawa erased his fire creation quirk. Aizawa wrapped Dabi's lanky body with his capturing weapon he wore as a scarf. While Aizawa pulled Dabi up and met him mid-air, black dots began to cloud your vision. You shook your head to snap yourself out of it, but they returned as soon as you stood up from the floor.

Aizawa flipped Dabi around, pinning him to the ground face first. With his scarred jaw against the dust, Dabi grunted, not wanting to give in to your teacher's pressure.

You plodded away though you tried to run, feeling as if your life energy was escaping you. That villain wasn't a normal human. You realised something had gone wrong when you tried to borrow his life energy as you steadied yourself against the building's front door. Glancing back to your teacher, you noticed that he had used his special alloy weapon to immobilise the lanky man.

The last thing you saw before you fell into your shadow was Dabi's body snapping in half, as though he was made of soft putty. Failing to control your breath, you embraced the deadly night, falling back to the hard ground. Everything faded into black.