25 | Library

With exam season just around the corner, you took your books and pencil case out of your bag, and placed them on the library's wooden table. As much as you would rather train for the practical part of the exams, you had made a bet with Todoroki. Whoever got the best grades out of the two of you would receive a prize from the loser.

Hence why it surprised you to see him join your solo study session. As Todoroki pulled out a chair and sat next to you, you raised an eyebrow. "Shoto, how come you're here? Aren't you meant to go home after school?"

The half-and-half boy put a finger to his lips, giving a sideways glance to the ancient librarian. She carried on sorting out her paperwork, stamping a book for a student from the general studies course.

"We don't want the hero courses to get a worse rep, do we?" he whispered.

You shrugged your shoulders and burrowed your nose in your Japanese History textbook. You made some notes in light pencil. Almost as if you had planned it, Todoroki reached out for your rubber at the same time as you. His and your hands met, making you look up to him.

He politely pulled his hand away. "May I borrow it?"

"Yeah, go for it." You had a peek at his work, recognising that he was doing some English homework you had recently completed. You noticed he had made a few grammar errors. While you debated whether you should tell him or not, Todoroki tightened his grip on the rubber as he erased yet another sentence of his composition.

You made your mind up as you read through his tidy handwriting once again. "Shoto, how about we make a deal?"

You examined Todoroki's vacant expression, finding it hard to guess what was going through his mind. He rested his head on his hand. "Another bet?"

"No, not a bet. A deal. Plus, I haven't decided what my prize will be yet."

He stared deep into your (e/c) eyes. "Your prize? I'm not going to lose to you."

"We'll see." You grinned with a spark of competitive spirit. You then looked down at your notes. "I was hoping that we could help each other. I could teach you English and you could teach me Maths. It's just a thought," you said.

"Huh. I guess that would keep things fair. Please, let me--" Todoroki was interrupted by the librarian as she shushed him across the room. Todoroki shuffled his chair closer to yours.

You spoke softly as you helped him with the English homework. He nodded in understanding. "I see. I wouldn't have thought of it that way."

"Yeah. English is such a weird language."

Once both of you realised that the school library would soon be closing, you packed your belongings. You adjusted your heavy bag up your shoulder as you and Todoroki walked down the corridor. The first two things you noticed when Todoroki opened the door for you were the tar-black sky and the murmuring of the rain.

Todoroki's lips parted in amazement as you fished an umbrella out of your bag.

You signalled him to get under it with you. "We can walk to the dorms together, and then I'll let you use my umbrella for the way home."

"Thanks, (y/n). Can you tell what the weather's going to be like or something?"

You laughed. "I wish. I checked the forecast this morning."

The corners of his mouth turned into a reserved grin. "I see. I guess I can be forgetful, sometimes."

Walking by your side, Todoroki took note of the gap between both of you. He thought about putting his arm over your shoulder but soon abandoned the idea. "Isn't your blazer getting wet?"