38 | Signal

A/N
Thank you all for 30K reads, and for your continued support!

I wanted to ask you all of you: would you like to get Todoroki a present for your one month anniversary, and if so, what?

If you agree with one of the comments, please, make sure to say so! I thought it might be exciting to let you guys decide, so all ideas are more than welcome :))

---

You hugged your pillow, as you brought your mobile phone closer to your ear. You buried yourself in a den of pillows and your duvet in your dark room before you gave your childhood friend a call.

Chiharu's sniffles over the line reminded you of the many times you had helped her pick up the broken pieces of her when Aoi had let her down. "I... (y/n), maybe, I should let him explain himself? He's literally been so good to me recently."

Those shattered dreams of love made your heart sink. "So, you're telling me you want to forgive him, Chi?"

"If... if I hadn't forgiven you, we wouldn't be friends now," she said, her tone softening with sorrow as she got to the end of her sentence.

You tightened your grip on your pillow, aiming to repress those distressing memories. They reminded you of why the children at your primary school had always avoided you, and why Chiharu had been your only friend before you started at U.A. "I-I didn't want to hurt you at that time."

"I know, I know. Sorry, (y/n). I shouldn't have mentioned it. There's literally no point thinking about that now."

"Yeah, there's no going back. I'm so sorry, Chi. I really am." I need to be strong for her. But you could almost feel your hand wiping her tears off her gullible face, as tears welled in your own eyes. What happened that day would always be a part of you.

Someone knocked on your door. Hearing Ochaco's sweet voice as she bumped your door open startled you. You rubbed your eyes roughly, so you could tell her that you wouldn't be having dinner today.

You cleared your throat as you pushed the door, leaving a small gap so she could hear you. You didn't want Ochaco to see you in this state. "I'm not hungry today. Thanks for coming to get me, though."

"Sure, sure!" Ochaco beamed, putting her hands behind her back. For the faintest of moments, she wondered if she heard your voice break, but she brushed it off. "No problem. I'll let Mr Aizawa know."

---

Using your school blazer as a blanket, you lied on the school's rooftop's floor, looking up to the midday sky. The clouds looked as if they were made out of cotton, and brought you a sense of safety, unlike you had ever experienced in the past few months.

A smile broke on your lips as Todoroki leaned in from his seated position. Though his face was upside down, he furrowed his eyebrows. This let you know that he wasn't happy with having his long bangs tied up with your hair tie at the top of his forehead. Yet, if he had seen himself in the mirror, or even in a picture, you wondered if it would have made him laugh, too.

"You know, you shouldn't frown like that. It doesn't look good on you." You reached out to him, touching his nose before quickly retracting your hand.

Todoroki staggered backwards. "What are you doing, (y/n)?" He tilted his head to the side, still looking down at you.

You shrugged your shoulders, feeling some embarrassment set into you. "Boop?"

"I think I may know what you mean," he said, as he took off his blazer and placed it on the floor so he could lie next to you.

Your back stiffened as you heard him shuffling closer to you. From the top of the building, you could see students playing with a ball in the field, making you doubt whether anyone could see you now. You hadn't been caught at the school's rooftop yet, even though you often went up there with Todoroki after lunch.