28 | Flower

After spending hours on end preparing for today, the practical exam came quicker than expected. You gave a quick glance at the rest of your class, most of whom had already paired up, except for Midoriya and Bakugo. While you felt bad for Midoriya, you decided not to interfere. Your team was the first one that needed to go up, after all.

"Sweet." Kirishima stretched his arm. "Even if it's against our teachers instead of the robots from the entrance exam, it's gonna be so manly when we smash it!"

Kirishima flashed you a boyish smile, revealing his sharp white teeth. He offered his fist to which you gladly responded with a fistbump. "Yeah, let's work hard together to bring Cementoss down!"

"That's the spirit!" Kirishima said, motivated by your words until he saw Todoroki approach the two of you. Both of you carried on stretching out, and you stopped chatting away when you realised that the red-haired boy had gone quiet, and you asked what the matter was. Kirishima pointed behind you, so you turned around to meet eyes with Todoroki.

Todoroki extended his arm, reaching out to the side of your neck on your hero costume.

You gulped, your hairs standing on end. "Hi...?"

"I couldn't help but notice that you still have the label on your hero costume. I am helping you with it, so it doesn't get in the way of the exam," he said.

You hesitantly nodded, putting your head to one side as Todoroki ignited a tiny fire to cut through the plastic wire. "I guess I was too excited when I put it on to notice. Thank you."

"No problem." Todoroki handed you the label. "I'm not going to lose to you today. I want to make sure we are on an even playing field."

Your eyes brightened. "Yeah, for sure. I'm gonna win."

As you waved Todoroki goodbye, Kirishima understood where some of Bakugo's rants came from, seeing how your caring eyes followed Todoroki until he joined Yaoyorozu. Kirishima gave you a knowing grin. "Should we continue with our stretches before it's our turn to go?"

You snapped out of it, bringing your arms in front of you before reaching to the ground, ignoring your heart rattling in your chest. "Y-yeah, we should probably work through a plan as well. I'm not sure how my quirk's gonna work with Cementoss because I can only borrow the life energy of living beings."

"Did you just say Cementoss isn't a living being?"

"Oh, oops. I didn't mean it that way." You rubbed the back of your neck while you laughed.

Kirishima tested his quirk a few times, by hardening his fists and throwing a few punches to the air. Though this would be a tough exam, he had decided that he was past the stage in his life where self-doubt would stop him. He had worked so hard to be there and respected you for doing the same, as he had taken into account the massive improvement you had made since the start of school. "I agree. They did choose the teachers we'd find hardest to fight. But as you said, let's work hard together to bring Cementoss down. We've got this!"

You went through the whole plan again, leading you both to decide that capturing your teacher as opposed to running away would give you a higher score. At least, it sounded like a good idea then.

---

Todoroki observed you through the monitor, appreciating your team working skills as you shouted something to Kirishima, who was trapped on the other side of the concrete wall. The half-and-half boy studied how you shut your eyes tightly, as you went into defensive mode in the middle of the rubble.

Leaning in to get a better look, he noticed the speed at which you dashed away from Cementoss as if you could pinpoint where he was coming from. Todoroki then looked down to his left hand before lighting a small flame, which he had accepted for what it was and what it could do.