24 | Cinema

A/N:
From this chapter on, there might be times when you are not in the scene. Thank you for reading this story :)

---

You sped up as you put on your (f/c) cardigan. Todoroki stood by the gate. His casual attire was a breath of fresh air on this beautiful Saturday morning. He wore a well-ironed black shirt, making him look prim and proper.

"Were you waiting for long, Shoto?"

Todoroki shook his head, relishing in this unknown feeling that had stirred within him because of the delicate way his name played on your lips. He still couldn't get over you calling him by his first name, though it had begun so you wouldn't cause confusion with his family when you addressed him. "I just got there," he said. "So what film are we watching?"

"It's a surprise!"

"A surprise film?" He pressed, leaning in to make you tell him.

You averted your gaze from him, fidgeting with your fingers. "Well, if I told you, I reckon you might get a little put off."

He leaned in a bit closer, his hair falling to the side of his serene face.

Jeez, I can't believe he got me again. Those puppy eyes are the worst because he doesn't even realise what he's doing.

You raised both your hands as if signalling defeat. He had learnt your weak spot and you didn't want to become a blushing mess so early in the day. "Okay, okay. It's a horror film. Strangely enough, they're Chi's favourite."

As you began walking down the residential street, Todoroki eyed you from head to toe without you noticing. "You're not wearing the hairpin I gave you. It would match well with your clothes."

Caught off-guard by Todoroki's bluntness, you bit your lip. "I really treasure it. I'd get mad at myself if I were to break it."

"Huh." Todoroki placed his hands in the pockets of his dark trousers.

---

A shiver ran down your spine when you saw Aoi waiting by the cinema next to Chiharu. It confirmed that your friend had lied to you a few weeks back, but you wouldn't let that ruin your day.

Todoroki strolled behind you as you rushed in to greet your friend. The two boys remained standoffish, not engaging with each other as you gave Chiharu her birthday present. Even when you went into the cinema, and sat on your seats, both boys remained as far away as possible.

You shrugged this off, as you wondered if Todoroki knew what he was in for. You gave him a curious glance as he grabbed some popcorn from your shared pot and examined it as if he had never had any before.

As the lights dimmed, most people went quiet, expecting the trailers to begin.

But even before the film started, you flinched and drew in a sharp breath, warmth lingering on top of your hand.

Managing a deadpan expression, Todoroki gave your hand a squeeze. "I promise everything will be okay."

You swallowed thickly as your heart skipped a beat. "I'm sure I'll be fine..."

...because you're here with me. You make my heart go crazier than any film possibly could.

However, once into the film, a creepy old lady on the screen appeared out of nowhere. As she crawled on the ground towards a well, your hairs stood on end and you gripped Todoroki's arm in sudden anxiety.

Though he had just rubbed his temples at the unlikeliness of this scene happening in real life, he straightened his back and peered down at you, as you sat at the edge of your seat.