The Complications 1

POV Sharlene

"You killed her, you killed her," a teenage boy shouted at mom.

"She died because of complications," Dr. Shin (my mom) explained.

"No, it's you, it's you who killed her," he then cried.

"Mom, she killed her. That doctor killed her."

"I'm sorry for the bad words of my son doctor, please excuse us," the mother of the boy told my mom.

I will never forget how that boy of my age confronted my Mom. I will never forget how he cried because of pain.

I did not meet my Mom that time, I just walk and walk until bumped with a girl with my age.

"Ya! What are you doing?" So Hyun shouted.

I am not in good mood that time so I shouted back at her.

"Ya! Why are you shouting at me?"

"You shouted at me first."

"Because you hit my head."

"Am I not supposed to be the one shouting at you? You should avoid me."

"Do you know who I am?" So Hyun asked.

"Do you know who I am too?" I asked her back.

"I won't let this go,"she said and held my right arm, "Common let's go to my mom."

I tried to escape her hand holding my arm. I did it. I held her right arm instead and tell back her words.

"Common, let's go to my mom."

I am stronger than her so I was able to bring her to my mom's office.

"Eomma..." I called my mom.

Then a doctor suddenly interrupted

"So Hyun ah, why are you here?"

"Eomma..." So Hyun called her mom.

Then my mom looked at me.

"Eomma..." I called my mom.

I found out So Hyun's mom and my mom are both Cardiosurgeon in the hospital where I am. And my mom and her mom are friends.

So Hyun's mom gave us money and told us to play or go shopping. They told us to be friends because our mothers are friends.

Really, we went shopping. We are very happy.

Then while going to eat, I saw the same guy who confronted my mom, still he looks so sad. That time I know I have a friend, not just a friend but a fighter like me. I chose the seat next to them.

I tried to act as if I am so sad. I cried trying to irritate him.

He looked at me. The more that I cried.

"Shar, what's wrong with you?" So Hyun asked me.

Then I laughed loudly.

I saw how he somewhat smile because of what I did. But at the end, he looked at me as if thinking I am crazy. Then they went out at the restaurant.

"Are you okay?"So Hyun asked.

"Of course, I am always okay."

"Were you crying awhile back?"

"Anyi. Why would I cry?"

"You did."

"That cry? No I was just faking because I saw someone who is crying."

"How could you that? Are you not scared?"

"Of course not."

We started to be friends with So Hyun at the age of 15.

I am usually alone at home except our nannies. My parents are always busy. They seem not to care about me. I got bored into my life so I thought of something that will shock my mom and dad.

I have a lot of money so I can do whatever I want to do.

I plot my fake accident, in order for my Mom and Dad to see me.

It worked. They came at the accident area, I was hospitalized. I heard mom cry as she's beside me, and also heard dad as he's trying to encourage me not to give up. But then Mom noticed I was faking.

Dad was the angriest. Mom is the most upset.

I was the happiest. I can't believe I was able to fool my parents.

Because of what I did, my parents decided to continue my studies in the Philippines- it is where grandmama lives.

I asked my parents' forgiveness but they did not change their decision. I was not able to do anything. I have to follow their order that time.

...

POV Donny

My bestfriend Gia died because of Dr. Shin. I will never forget her face. I promised to be a doctor someday so I will meet her again. I will prove that she killed her. I will let others know that she killed.

Gia was my friend ever since I was young. She's a family friend so we grew up knowing each other. But just two years ago, she migrated to Korea.

And I just found out she's really sick and needed operation on her heart. I travelled going to Korea the same day I heard about her condition but unfortunately, she died. She died. And I believe Dr. Shin killed her.

I wish I could have even only one day to be with her. I wish even just a day to talk with her. I wish to listen to her voice. I wish to listen to how she sing our favorite music together.

But even just a single day is impossible to see her. I can no longer see her. I can no longer listen to her voice. I can no longer share my stories to her. I can no longer share moments with her. It hurts me. It hurts me a lot. I'm hurting a lot.

POV So Hyun

I don't have a lot of friends because of my attitude. Everybody is afraid of me. All my classmates are not close to me. But when I met Sharlene at the hospital, and when she shouted back at me, I felt like I am not that bad. There is worse than me. I felt good that time.

But Sharlene disappear all of a sudden. She did not even say good bye to me. She did not even try to talk or to contact me.

I waited, I waited for her call or even message if where she is, but never did I receive. I started to hate her. The more that I became someone who doesn't need someone else. I live my life as if I am alone. Never did I try to have any friend. I ignore everyone. I hated those who have friends.