Secret or Free 35

"Hara Peterson, starting today, you will be my adopted daughter," Chairman Peterson said.

"Uncle, please don't do this to me," pled Shar.

Donny heard about it.

"Dad, please don't make someone I love as my sister. I can't live that way."

"Donny, do you know that her life is in danger?"

"Though it's that way, Dad, don't do this to me. Please don't do this to us."

"My decision is final. Either you agree or not, I'll do it to protect her."

"Please Dad, I'll do everything in return, just don't adopt her. I can't be her brother only."

"Hara, you may go now," Chairman said.

"But uncle," Shar said.

"Hara, I am considering you as my daughter so consider me as your father, listen to me."

"Yes, uncle."

"Dad, Dad, that's how you should call me."

Shar don't have any choice but to listen.

"Yes, uncle," she said and immediately left.

"Dad, I'll do everything, just please don't adopt her."

"Then go to Korea."

"But why Dad?"

"You heard what I said."

"Dad, if you promise not to adopt her then I will go."

"Just go."

"Promise me first Dad."

"Donny, you think I am a child?"

"I'm sorry Dad."

Before Donny will leave he managed to talk to Shar.

"How's your stay here?"Donny asked.

"I'm okay."

"Do you like calling my Dad as Dad?"

"Uncle is so good, I can't disobey him. But I am not yet ready to call him that way."

"You mean, you'll agree to what he said when you're ready? Shar, do you know what it means to be my adoptive sister?"

"I know."

"But why?"

"Being your dad's adopted daughter is not changing the blood that runs through my veins, it's still me."

"But being adopted or real sister is no difference in the eyes of law and to everyone. We will be siblings and we can no longer love each other the way we should be."

"I will still love you even if I'll be your fake sister. I'd rather live loving you secretly than to die loving you free."

"Won't you be hurt?"

"It's okay to be hurt alive than to feel nothing at all because I am dead. How can I love you if I am no longer existing?"

"Shall we just let Dad decide for our future?"

"No, let us choose what is the right and best thing to do for the moment. This isn't permanent."

Donny held Sharlene's right hand. He stared at her palm for a minute and hugged her as if telling a farewell to her.

On the other hand, Dr. Shin- Sharlene's mother is still grieving but she has to pretend she's okay. She does things like she used to do so President Shin got mad at her.