The Change 11

I am also worried to what happened to uncle so I agreed to go with Donny at the hospital.

Donny is holding my hand as we are running inside the hospital looking for uncle's room.

"Where is Atty. Peterson's room?"

"I'm sorry sir but he is still at the emergency room."

Donny is feeling more worried as he heard it.

We stood up waiting just in front of the emergency room.

Then, Donny's mom came. Donny let go of my hand and hugged her mom.

I did not meet her when I tranferred and really it's my first time to meet her. I only see her on TV recently.

"Hello po..."

"Ma, she's Sharlene, my friend. Sharlene, she's my mom," he told his mom.

"Sharlene... I'm glad you're back."

I was wondering what did she mean but I just smiled.

Then the doctor went out from the ER.

"Attorney, may we have a talk?"

"Doc, why only mom and why not tell it to me also."

"Donny, you're dad is okay, am I right doc?" Mom looked at the doctor and asked.

"Yes attorney. Donny your dad is okay now. He only needs to rest."

"Sharlene, please accompany Donny and have some food," mom's Donny told me.

"Donny, come on, the doctor said uncle is okay," I told Donny.

Donny is somewhat hesitant but he tried to convince himself.

We walked until Donny saw the green garden of the hospital ouside.

We sat.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"I don't know. I feel worried. Shar...please don't leave me here yet,"

I saw how Donny's eyes were telling he's too anxious about his dad's condition.

I held his hand.

"I'm just right here Donny. I won't leave by your side."

Donny smiled at me with gratefulness and love in his heart.

Then Donny just decided to go back to the office after reading a message on his phone.

I wanted to ask but I have to stay by his side. I only want to support where he would want to go.

On our way, as we are already inside Peterson Law Firm we accidentally heard a conversation from employees.

"I heard Chairman Peterson is really ill. And he might not make it to survive."

"Really? Is that really true? What will happen to the Law Firm if he'll not be around?"

I tried to convince Donny not to hear their conversation but Donny wanted to hear it.

"That's what I'm thinking, I am not that too comfortable thinking that someone else will replace him."

"I hope he could make it, or else his son should take over his position."

"His son? What can he do? He's just too young to take responsibilities here."

"But it's only him that would make this Law Firm continue to survive. We can't trust someone else from other family to take over. It might got bankrupt."

"And being surrounded with corrupt employees I am really worried."

Inside Donny's office...

"Shar, did you hear them? Dad is not okay."

"Donny, don't just listen to what you hear."

"Shar, how can I ignore them? What they are thinking might happen and what if that time comes? What am I going to do?"

"Donny," I looked at him in his eyes. "You can do this. I believe you," I assured him.

"Please, don't go. We can do it together."

Then Donny's mom called me on the phone.

"Hello po,"

"Sharlene, is Donny there beside you?"

"Yes po."

"Please go out for a moment."

I told Donny to go at the CR.

"Shar, please listen to me, I want to tell you what's really goin on, Donny's dad has to undergo major operation, but still it is not certain if he could go back the way he is. Please help Donny cope up with the changes that might happen soon."

"But..."

"I can't take over his position. I can't just give up my position."

I know I only have to listen...

"Please be by his side...and please be patient to his panic disorder that might attacked him sooner or later..."

I was shocked to hear about his panic disorder.

"Is it..."

"It's mild but still you have to know about it."

As I open the office, So Hyun is inside talking to Donny.

"Hi So Hyun," I smiled.

"Shar!" she called my name. "Are you not jealous?" So Hyun asked with wonder.

I smiled.

"You are friends, we are also friends, so why would I ..."

"Wow!" she reacted. "Donny, does it mean that I could come into your office too?"

Donny looked at me as if telling me to stop what I'm doing.

"So Hyun ah, starting today, we have to be friends, let's help each other and avoid hurting each other," I told her while Donny is also listening.

"Deal!" So Hyun said with a smile.

She came near me and offered her hand for a handshake. But then she suddenly put it down.

"But, why did you change all of a sudden? Do you have any plan?"

"Yah!" I told her the way friends in Korea say.

"Yah!" she replied.

"Have you forgotten that we met and became friends because of your childishness?"

"Is that something to tell again?"

"I know you don't let others stepped on you. And that's you So Hyun ah."

"And why are you telling this to me?"

"Because we will have enemies in the future and we have to fight against them," I told her with a joke.

She laughed out loud. I too and Donny laughed.

Then, a director came inside Donny's office.

"Sir Donny, may we have a talk at my office?" he asked.

I know he might inform him about sudden change that will happen soon so I have to talk to him first.

"Sir, if you would let me, may I have a minute with him for a while sir?" I politelt asked him.

"Sure, Sir Donny, please just come into the office after," the director agreed.

I and Donny were about to talk but So Hyun interupted.

"Why can't I not talk and listen to you?"

"Yah, So Hyun ah, we also have secrets with Donny, you even had secrets before," I told her.

"Kurae? Kurom. Then okay, have a talk. I think I also have to visit my school this  opening of classes soon.

So Hyun went out.

"Shar, do we really have secrets?" Donny asked.