Faces of Love 30

POV Sharlene

So Hyun requested to meet me.

"Shar ah, will you believe me if I'll say I don't love Donny anymore?"

"So Hyun, why are you telling that to me?"

"When you asked me if I am your friend, I know that you already know about dad. I am supposed to say sorry, but I can't. Again, mi ahnae. Chongmal mianhamnida."

"When you lied, I know you have your own reason. The way I have my reason that time why I did not confront you."

"Shar ah, do you know why I gave up Donny?"

I didn't reply but waiting for So Hyun's reason.

"Because for all those three years that I am with him, Donny never say So Hyun, So Hyun, So Hyun... I realized that it's you whom he always think about. It's Shar...Shar... Shar said...I wonder how Shar is doing, I want to know if Shar is okay, Do you have any update about Shar?... Shar and I...it's always you. And I am just a friend whom he would ask help for his one true love."

"But..."

"I realized too that it's you who can make his life better than yesterday. And it's only you who he wants to talk and see everyday...it's not me and not someone else...but only you. I am a witness how Donny loves you, in his eyes, in his actions, in everything, in everywhere there's none but you."

I'm speechless.

"And now that you came back into his life, I feel how he's having fun when he's with you. I feel he's someone who can do everything because you're there. He's okay and very fine when he's with you....and ... that is all that I wanted him to feel. To be happy because seeing him happy is what makes me happy."

"But you're my friend, and I feel like I can't do it to you."

"Sharlene, always remember that even if we've been through a lot of misunderstandings and problems it's still me. And I am now more matured to understand everything. I've realized also that all the things in the world are not for me...that I do not own everything. I can't be that selfish who always get what I do not really own."

"I too can't be selfish."

"Shar, you're never selfish in the first place."

"Do you really that way?"

She nodded.

"Ani. I too have felt being selfish."

"Did you?"

"Uhm. I also have flaws and mistakes especially to my mom and dad."

"I am going back to Korea because I have to comfort my mom. Dad is gone. The hospital may not be ours soon."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"We lost almost everything from Dad. I'm upset but I can't blame dad nor mom. And I don't really know what's going on."

"I'll ask Dad to get back what you should own."

"No need. If they want the hospital, let them own it. I am not that crazy hungry for money."

"So Hyun ah, will you be okay with it?"

"I will. I will try. I believe that it's not always today, there is still tomorrow, if I can do anything in the future, then I will, but if I can't do anything then it would also be okay."

"No, I will ask Dad, he could help you, and mom, I will ask them."

"Shar ah, I found out that Dad has million debts, I can't take to see myself in an interview on TV with that matter. I prefer to keep quiet and continue to live my life."