Paths Crossed 29

POV Donny

Finally Shar told me she loves me. I want to hug her that time but she said to let her hug me at my back.

I am the happiest. I feel like listening to Shar's heartbeat and mine.

POV So Hyun

"Donny, where have you been?" I asked him frantically.

"I visited Shar in Bulacan."

"But why?"

"She visited her granma and I thought of going there too."

"Donny, do you hear what you are saying?"

"So Hyun..."

"Do you really love her?"

"So Hyun, no matter what I hear about her, I will only believe to what she say."

"But her mom killed my dad too."

"I already get over it. Either she killed someone or your dad, I'm not in the position to judge her, and I'm not going to take it seriously again. And besides, we don't have proof that defends your accusation. My dad said her mom is the top cardiosurgeon in Korea. She already helped thousands of patients."

"Donny, can you look around and try to look at us as well."

"I don't need to look around because I already found her."

"What if she doesn't love you?"

"Even if she doesn't love me, I still love her. I don't love her because she loves me, I love her because I love her."

"But isn't it wasting of time to love someone who don't like you?"

"If it's wasting of time, then are you wasting your time now?"

I was confused to what I will say.

"So Hyun, don't waste your time for me," he told me.

"It's not about me, it's about you loving Shar with uncertainty if she could give back the love you feel for her."

"The love I offer does not require something in return. I am happy loving her and I understand what love is upon knowing her."

"How about me?"

"Your heart is not yet in love. You're like a kid asking your mother or father's affection. You want attention. You seek love from the people around you because they failed to let you feel it."

"How could you say that to me?"

"We are friends no matter how you try to disregard it. So being your friend and Shar's once friend, you have to widen your understanding to see what is missing."

I left Donny upon hearing what he told me. He's too cruel. How could he hurt me the way he did?

As I am in my room. I realized a lot. I felt like I was dreaming for so long and I was awaken.

POV Shar

I wish to talk to my but I can't just call her anytime I want. I have to consider her work.

I want to talk to dad but I think I am not in the position to talk to him about it.

I have to wait. All I can do is to wait unil they have free time. I am sure they will call if they are not that busy.

I fell asleep while waiting for their call. But no miss call from any of mom or dad.

But I was not disappointed. I understand.

At the school, I was asked a question...

"Ms. Shin," my teacher called my name.

"Yes ma'am."

"Ms. Shin, how could an attorney win in every case he is handling?"

"People are looking for settlement, so if they are looking for it why not settle it right away?"

"But how?"

"All people has weaknesses, if you know at least one, then you could have an 'A' ".

"What do you mean Ms. Shin?"

"In all cases, there is at least one thing or 10 percent that could make the opponent lose, focus on that one thing and make it 100 percent. Take note that a percent no matter how low it is, is  still a percent."

"Thank you Ms. Shin."

...

Nanay called me she'll be late in picking me up. But she told me to wait for her.

So I decided to stay at the library.

I didn't told Donny where I am but he found me.

As I am reading, he suddenly sat in front of me.

"Donny, what are you doing here?" I whispered just enough for him to hear.

"Shhhh," he said. "Just continue reading, I'm here because I want to be with you."

"But..."

"Sssshhhhhh."

Then he brings out a notepad.

[Don't worry, I won't disturb you.]
He wrote and showed it to me.

I smiled. Then I continue to read. He keeps looking at my face.

After 5 minutes, I checked if he's really looking at me. Confirmed he is.

I got his notepad and wrote.

[Why are you staring at me?]

He replied.

[Shar, I can't lost every second to stare at you.]

[But I'm uncomfortable.]

Then Donny just held my hand put the book to it shelf and we went out.

"Let's go to my favorite place," Donny suddenly told me.

...

"Why are we here?" I asked him.

"Can you not remember if where we are?"

"Of course I know, it's here where I was transferred."

"Do you still recall when you went at the clinic because you're too scared of blood?"

"Uhm."

"I realized that was the first time I laugh after being so lonely. You made me laugh again. You made me feel how happy life is. You made me feel that I should live my life happily."

Seeing him laughing out loud just refresh in my memory.

"For all the schools in the Philippines why in my school?... I asked myself as I am happily laughing that time."

"Do you think that we are supposed to meet?"

"No, I am grateful that for all the schools, you came into the school where I study and because of your presence our paths crossed. I know it's a rare chance but it happened.

"I regret doing such hilarious thing to my mom and dad back then, but I shall not regret it now. Because of who I am and the way I think, we met and I knew about you."

"It's not our meeting that decides what to feel, but it is our heart."