Spring 18

I woke up early to call my mom. I dialled it three times before she answered it.

"Hello!"

"Eomma, I don't know you're reason why you suddenly disappear but..."

"It's a must. I'm sorry I left without telling you."

[Dr.Shin, Director would like to talk to you] I suddenly heard it on the phone.

"Shar ah, I have to..."

"It's okay eomma, I'll just call you again later," I told mom.

I was not able to find the answer why she suddenly left but I am willing to wait to know her reason.

I went to school early, CJ was also there.

"Shar, have you heard the news?" he asked me.

"That we won't have classes this afternoon for the council meeting? I just knew it." I told him.

"No, So Hyun's Dad met an accident and he had undergone surgery last night. Haven't you watched the news?"

"So Hyun appa? You mean So Hyuni?"

"Ne, why, don't know about it?"

"I immediately open the internet and searched about it."

My question about mom has already answered. She was one of the surgeons who performed operation to his Dad.

I realized may be it was mom who was sandwiched in a tough decision. I misjudged mom. I was sorry.

Then So Hyun called me.

"Thank you," she initially told me.

"How's your dad?"

"He's okay now. But still have to be observed."

"That's good then. Where are you?"

"I'm at school," she answered.

I want to ask her why does she have to be at school and not going to Korea and visit his dad.

"I have to be very busy because I am too scared.  I might not able to survive if something bad will happen to dad."

"I'll see you after your class."

"See you then."
...

"Shar, are you okay?" asked CJ.

"I have to go."

"Sharlene, do you know your dad talked to me yesterday?"

"I'm sure it has something to do with business again," I told myself and ignored what he told me.

Before meeting So Hyun, I dropped by at the Law Firm.

I saw Donny doing good. He's busy but he handles it well. I went to his office because I brought some food for him to eat and left a note in it while he's in a meeting.

At the cafè I and So Hyun met.

"I wish I could go to Korea but mom said, I'll better if I will just stay here."

"If you need anything, don't be ashamed to ask me."

"Dad is okay they say, but I feel like I'm not. I feel like there's something inside me that is making me sick."

"You could come to our house tonight."

"House?"

"I forgot to say, mom told me she's not that comfortable to be at the 13th floor at my condo so we moved to a house. You want to come?"