Still Choose to Protect Her 58

Sharlene's dad was at home upon her arrival.

"Dad, would you change your secretary?"

"I can't see anything wrong with CJ. I know I can trust him."

"If you want to keep him as your secretary then I have nothing against it dad, but please I don't want him being around," she said and attempted to go upstairs.

"Where have you been?" her dad asked.

Sharlene turned to see his dad, "I just met my friend," she answered.

"Don't meet her again."

"But I need to do it Dad."

"Be careful of Greeks bearing gifts."

"She's not our enemy dad, she's my friend and besides her mom is mom's friend too."

"Listen to me before you'll regret."

PShin has a clue that Chairman Kim has a connection to what happened.

"I am not doing something against you dad, I am just helping you."

It's late at night so Sharlene decided to take a rest. But then, she heard her mom as if shouting.

She hurriedly went to the room. Her mom is having a nightmare. She hurriedly called her busy dad downstairs for help.

They woke her up. Maria seems to be very tired just after she opened her eyes.

"I did not kill her. Someone did it," she then said feeling so afraid.

"Eomma, please relax."

"No, I did not kill her. I can't do it," Maria insisted.

Sharlene go downstairs to get some water. Her dad comforted Maria.

She then let her mom drink some water and then left at their room.

She wanted to call Donny but she can't. Donny likewise cannot call Shar even he wanted to do so.

Donny's phone then rung.

"Dad," he said initially.

"What are you doing?"

"I am about to take a rest."

His dad is supposed to tell him that he has to be the lawyer of Gia's mom but he rather chose to tell him in the morning to let him sleep well.

"Okay then, take a rest."

"Something that you want to tell dad?"

"No...nothing, I just want to ask of your mom is already there."

Donny smiled. He just realized how concerned his dad is. "Don't worry dad, mom is already home."

"Okay, sleep well."

"Take a rest also dad. Don't tire yourself that much."

"I'm already home. I'm already at the door. I just wanna make sure she's there."

On the other hand, Sharlene is busy on her desk to what should she do. She's bothered.

Donny too can't fall asleep. He'd rather open his eyes and think at his office table. He'd rather chose to do some analysis.

While reading, Donny remembered Shar. He kept thinking what is she doing and how is she. Shar likewise think about Donny.

Morning...

CPeterson wanted to tell Donny about him to be the attorney but he was not able to do it. He just decided to tell him at the office.

Sharlene woke up early to meet other nurses and surgeons at the hospital when the incident happen. She really got ready.

Shin's enemy knew about her being so determined to prove that her mom was not the one behind the incident. They planned to send her another envelope.

So Hyun received a call from someone she doesn't know who tried to warn her about helping Sharlene.

"Hello," she said after picking up her phone.

She heard a horrific voice suddenly telling her not to help Dr. Shin or else she'll be next.

Being so frightened, So Hyun immediately decided to destroy and burn all the evidences against her mom.

She was too tired and nervous after burning all of those.

She went to her mom's office after getting calmer.

"Eomma, no, Chairman Kim rather, please don't help Gia's family 8 years ago. Let them, I mean, let Shin Law Firm manage about it."

"Do you know I am Maria's friend too?"

"Eomma, you don't need to say that, we are only two here. No one is listening to you, except me."

"So Hyun ah, why are you telling that to me?"

"Chairman Kim, please don't forget I am your daughter too."

Her mom turned her back.

"So Hyun ah, don't forget I am your mother too."

So Hyun then left.

Chairman Kim opened the envelope sent to her. She watched herself as doing something during the operation. She's really afraid she might be the real culprit so she thinks of helping Gia's family to end the case. But as she think about what happened before it was really complications that made the surgery unsuccessful. It was not really her fault nor Maria. But she is more afraid to be found as one of the suspects.

So Hyun however is feeling uneasy as the trial will soon start. She is doubtful to what she must and must not do.

CJ was told by PShin to follow Sharlene to wherever she goes. He really did it.

CPeterson told Donny to be Gia's Family Lawyer.

"Chairman, you know I can't do it."

"I don't know."

"I know you know it dad."

CPeterson is not hearing a lawyers voice but he's hearing his son's voice.

"I can't do it, I can't be against Shar's mom."

"Why not?"

"Because she's..."

"That's something to be talked to."

CPeterson interrupted Donny before he could tell him his reason. He is not even ready to hear it from his son.

"Go to Korea tonight. Your ticket has been reserved. Go and meet Sharlene."

"Dad?"he can't believe to what he heard.

"Meet her and end up whatever the relationship that you have."

Donny was not able to respond right away.

"Cat get your tongue?"

"Dad, I mean Chairman, I'm sorry but I'd rather resign."

"Donny!" he yelled."You think you can escape this by just resigning? Do you know how much it means to them you doing your best to give her justice?"he added.

"Dad, as much as I want to help I can't also hurt her mom by being the instrument of her mom's suffering."

"If she did it, why not let her suffer the consequences of what she have done?"

"If her mom will suffer, she sure will suffer. Even if all are against her, I would still choose to protect her," Donny answered.

"That's ridiculous!" CPeterson said with emphasis.