Who Knocked the Door? 59

After that conversation with her dad, Donny left the firm and went to somewhere they used to meet with Sharlene.

After going back to the firm, Donny received a threat that Sharlene will suffer if he won't accept the offer of him to represent Gia's family.

At first he just ignored him.

But then he received a call.

And then he was followed by a car and stopped him. They forced him to get out of his car.

"Will you help or not?"

Donny doesn't want to answer because he'll be hit once they don't like his answer.

"Last question, will you help or not?"

Because he was threatened that they will hurt Shar so he agreed to help rather even against his will.

His dad was shocked when he heard Donny had already accepted the offer and he's on his way to Korea.

His dad is worried to how he changed his mind all of a sudden. He is anxious. He also want to follow. But in the end, he decided to let his one trusted employee to follow Donny's whereabouts.

Donny arrived in Korea. He was escorted by PShin's enemy. Donny is not aware that they are President Shin's enemy.

Then Sharlene received another envelope. It's Donny's picture with their enemy.

Star destroyed the picture. She decided to ignore it. Little did she know that her Dad received the same picture like her.

Her dad visited her in her house.

"Appa, how was it?"

"Go to our Firm tomorrow. I'll be having a business meeting abroad."

"How about mom dad?"

"We have the best attorneys in our law firm. They can do it."

"Am I not allowed to help dad?"

"Protect yourself first to protect others?"

"Is that the reason why you weren't able to protect me Dad?"

"I am doing all that I can do," he said then left.

Sharlene has her own principle that she's no longer a high schooler, so she decided to do something even if it's dangerous.

[I have to do something now. Even if the evidences are targetting mom, as long as mom is telling she did not, I will listen to her. I will believe her. I have to find who really did it.]

Before Sharlene could go out from her house, CJ called her.

"Sharlene, you're going to the office?"

"CJ, with regards to what happened, sorry if I didn't recognize you."

"It's okay. I knew it would happen."

"How could you think that way?"

"No, just an assumption, but it happened."

"I'm not going to the office today, I have a very important business."

"Important business? How important is that?"

"Kinda."

"Do you know I was fired yesterday?"

"Dad did it? Why? Or is it because of

"Don't think about it, it's because of me, and not you."

"Seriously, I can't believe my dad is that way. How could he just fire someone working for him. I think I have to call her."

"No, no need. He'll be disappointed to know that I am asking favor from you."

"Then?"

"Let's respect his decision."

"Then, okay, I'm going. You better find a boss with a heart," Sharlene said and proceeded to her business.

CJ thought Shar will feel pity to him and he will just get him as her guard but she did not. CJ had to secretly follow Sharlene.

Sharlene is unaware that the first hearing of the case is the same day he was told by her dad to stay at the office.

So Hyun on the other hand watched the news about Dr. Shin's alleged killing of her patient.

[I'm sorry Dr. Shin, I'm sorry Sharlene.]

In So Hyun's mind, she can't just expose who really did it because of her mom and hospital's reputation.

While Sharlene is walking to meet one of the nurses before, she accidentally heard a conversation.

"I can't believe Dr. Shin did it. How could a kind and generous doctor like her do such crime?" woman1 said.

"I too can't believe it, I heard she's even the best cardiosurgeon in the country," woman2 agreed.

Then they saw the nurse. I am also about to approach her but they talked to her.

"Haven't you worked at Seoul Hospital before? You're a nurse am I right?" Woman2 asked.

The nurse just looked at them.

"You're a nurse am I right?"

"I'm sorry, you've mistaken. You might be looking for someone else," the former nurse said and immediately go away from them.

Sharlene just kept hiding.

"Do you believe she's not?"woman1 asked.

"No, I once saw her treating some accident victims before, she really knows what to do," woman 2 said.

Sharlene followed the former nurse on her house.

Sharlene knocked the door.

She opened it.

Sharlene made herself so weak as if needed some medical treatment.

"Please help me," Sharlene begged her.

The former nurse thought it's just an investigation so she closed the door.

Sharlene was disappointed. But still she tried her best to ask help from her.

"Please...help...me..."

Sharlene kept begging help with her voice getting weaker and weaker.

The former nurse felt pity. She opened the door and assisted Shar inside her house.

While treating Sharlene, the former nurse noticed it was fake.

"Why are you here?" she suddenly asked.

Sharlene knew she found out. She has to think quickly or else she might be in trouble.

"My mom is wrongly accused for a crime she didn't commit, please help her," she said with tears and begged her with her heart.

"Get out. I don't know what you're saying."

"My mom kept on saying that she did not do it, but some evidences are coming out that she did it."

"If you won't go now, you'll be in trouble once they found you here."

"Wha...what did you just say?"

"Get out before they'll found you here."

"Who? Who will find me here?"

"You don't need to know. It will only hurt you."

"If knowing it will hurt me, I would prefer to be hurt than to be unaware."

The former nurse tried to grab her hand to help her out of her house but Sharlene was able to avoid it and insisted not to go out.

Then someone knocked the door. The former nurse begged Sharlene to hide.