Under the Lamp 19

POV So Hyun

Mom called me on my phone but I was too tired. I didn't hear her calls.

Right after I knew it, I called back mom but she didn't answer. Maybe she's at the emrgency room, operating room or in a meeting.

I didn't dial again. Instead I went to attend my class after meeting Shar on a cafè.

While having a lunch, mom called again. I suddenly felt nervous. Mom don't usually call that time, except if it is necessary.

"Eomma," I initially uttered. But I heard her as if crying.

The more that I got nervous.

"Eomma, wae gurae?"

"Mi ahnae, chongmal mianhae," she said then I noticed how she is trying to control her cry but can no longer hold back her tears.

"Eomma, what's wrong?"

"Your dad,"

"Eomma, wae?"

"Your dad...is gone."

"No, that's not true."

"Chongmal mianhae," she said the saddest.

"No, mom, that's not true," I denied.

"Come home immediately," she then told me.

"Eomma, tell dad to wait for me, tell him, I'm coming."

I know I have to go immediately. But I hated Shar because of not even telling what's going on so I called her on the phone.

"Shar, are you busy?"

"Not really, I'm going out of my classroom,"

"Can we talk?"

"Where are you?"

"I'll meet you at your school."

"Okay, see you."

After 3 minutes, I arrived at their school. Good that Sharlene is already there.

"So Hyun, something wrong?" she asked me right away as she saw my eyes.

"Appa..."

"Why?"

"Appa is gone."

"What do you mean?"

"He's gone, mom just called and I have to go home."

"I will come too."

"No Shar, Donny needed you here."

"I'll talk to him, he'll understand."

"I have to go at 6pm tonight, just take your time," I told Shar.

I'm hurting. I can't tell Shar to accompany me though I wish her to come with me. But it's okay, I know she will come later.

POV Sharlene

I'm worried. Mom is one of the surgeons who tend to So Hyun's dad. I'm worried to hear the same word that mom killed someone again.

I went to the Law Firm.

As I enter his office. Donny is very busy.

"Busy?"

"A little."

Hearing his reply, I sat down on the sofa.

I bring out my notebook and some book as well to do something not to make Donny guilty not having time for me.

Then I read a case.

{Legal Separation, division of assets}

I am not yet aware how separation between married couple is done.