I love You because it's You 56

Amidst the issue in Korea, Donny still manages to meet his client.

"Why do you say it's self defense?"

"He provoked me first. He hit me all of a sudden. I felt dizzy. I saw the guard's gear so I shot him with my intention of giving a warning."

"But?"

"Unfortunately he's too weak."

"What if I tell you I already heard the real version of your story?"

The client was shocked but did not let himself noticed by Donny.

"According to my secret agent, you were the one who provoked first."

"Attorney, remember that you're my attorney. Whose side are you in favor of?"

"Well, this is just to let you know that I am not in the side of thugs."

"My dad has already paid more than enough. You have no choice but to make me win this. You're tagged as one of the best attorneys in our country and you even have an experience abroad, letting me lose in this case will surely ruin your career."

"Why did you do it?"

"Do you really want to know?...(laughed) Why would I tell you? Better if you wouldn't know what really happened."

Donny showed him a video.

"Now, can you still deny it's not you?"

"That's edited. I can't do it."

"Then, let's call it a day if you have nothing to say," Donny said then tried to pack his things.

"Okay, okay, I will tell you."

He told Donny about what happened.

Meantime, Sharlene is doing what she can do as well to make sure that her clients are not really those who should be punished or pay for compensation. She does not want to help culprits.

She also has her private detective to investigate.

PShin called Shar on the phone.

"Sharlene, I told you to stay away before, but now I wish you to be back right away."

"Appa, wae?"

"Your mom needs you more than anyone else. She needs you by her side."

"Appa, mi ahn hae, but may I ask you a question?"

"What is it?"

"Mom did not do anything, right?"

"I want to believe she did, but my heart says she did not."

"Appa, are you okay?"

"I'm okay."

"Won't the firm be affected by the issue?"

"No."

"Appa, please give me time to come back."

"Take your time."

Sharlene visited Donny in his office.

Donny smiled upon seeing Shar opening the door.

He stood up and welcomed Shar. He is about to hug Shar because he feel like comforting her but Shar avoided him.

"I'm going back to Korea tomorrow."

"For how many days will you be there?"

"I might stay there."

"Then, I will come too."

"No. Don't do such thing."

"But I want to come. Do you still remember what I said before? That in case you'll go away again, I shall be there to wherever you go. I can't stay here without you."

"Donny, you have to."

"Is this about Dr. Shin again? I mean your mom?

Shar did not reply but Donny knew it was.

Donny showed the envelope to Sharlene.

"Are you afraid that I might know about these?" he asked and put the envelope on the table.

Sharlene saw the same evidences being sent to her.

"I am guilty, I can't think what is the best way to do."

"You've done nothing Shar. Even if all the evidences will point out it's your mom's fault, what can we do about it? We can no longer changed what happened, it is already done."

"But she's my mom. I can't see you feeling all the weights on your shoulder. It must be really hard to love someone you hate."

"Shar, don't you know that I did not love you because of your mom? Shar, I love you because it's you, not someone else not because of anyone but it's all because of you."

"Let's say you love me, but how about uncle, and your friends, I mean Gia's family."

"Temporarily they might be disappointed but that won't lasts for a lifetime. They will move on and after that they will understand me."

"That's not as easy as you think."

Donny held Shar's hand.

"Let us not let go of our hands from each other. Keep holding on. What is happening is just temporary. It will pass. Right it is like a storm that is making us worry and uncomfortable but once it will pass, it will all be okay again."

"Donny, haven't you think about the envelopes being sent to you, and me? Aren't you wondering why of all the people why do we have to receive the same envelope? Don't you think, someone is doing it intentionally?"

Donny thought about it. He thought Shar might be right.

"Let's say someone else is doing it intentionally, shall we let that someone control our decision? Shall we let that someone ruin the relationship that we have?"

"What if it has to be, to make things up?"

"No. Let's choose to stay together. Let's not do things according to what others wanted us to be."

After that conversation, Sharlene returned to her office and tidy up her things. She decided to go back Korea.

[I am going back to Korea not to forget Donny. I decided to be away from him but it doesn't mean I chose to stay away from him. Later I won't see him, but it doesn't mean I won't think about him and I won't love him anymore. I am going back because I am a daughter of my mom who needs my help, I am a daughter and my mom needs me.] Sharlene's thought while on the airplane.

[I let her go for her mom, but it doesn't mean I let her go away from me. Letting her go for her mom is letting her feel she's a daughter and that she has still a mother. Letting her go for her mom is being unselfish. Because I love her so I have to understand how things are happening. Later, I won't see and hear her around me, but my heart and mind, my ears and my eyes will always hear and see her. Letting her go is not erasing her from my life but rather continue loving her.] Donny's thought while at his office late at night looking up the skies from the window in his office.