Take the Risk 55

CKim called her daughter So Hyun.

"So Hyun ah, hurry up and come here right away."

So Hyun is still thinking about the evidence she received.

"So Hyun ah! I said, come here the soonest. No explanation. Just come here."

"Eomma, sorry, I can't."

"If you won't come, get ready to lose the hospital again."

"Eomma! Wae guraeyo?"

"Haven't you watch any news?"

"Are you talking about Dr.Shin?"

"Then you already know."

"Eomma, by chance, have you heard that issue before?"

"Of course, why would I not know about it."

"Eomma, what are you planning to do now?"

"I already forbid her to visit at the hospital, I already dismissed her from the service."

"But why?"

"Didn't you hear what I said? Dr. Shin is no longer a doctor in our hospital, and she might not be one soon."

"Don't do it. I'll see you tomorrow."

"But..."

"Eomma please."

CKim did not contradict her daughter.

"Okay. See you tomorrow... bogoshippo."

So Hyun was not able to hear the last word from her mom as she hung the phone first for boarding.

On the other hand, PShin is very busy helping his wife.

Dr. Shin is rather interested to keep her face in front of her patients rather than to keep herself busy from defending herself. She went to the firm and talked to her husband PShin.

"My patients needed me, make way to make me return in the hospital."

"Return? To the hospital? Don't you care about yourself?"

"What's wrong with doing everything that I can to help them?"

"There is...Don't lose yourself."

"Is stepping down from your position right now that easy?"

"We don't have the same situation."

"Then how's my situation then, compared to you? Is being a cardiosurgeon nothing compared to you being the President?" Maria asked with teary eyed.

PShin comforted her.

"That's not what I mean. What I want to say is you not to worry. Let me do what I can do. Trust me. I won't let you lose the profession you dreamt of."

Maria did not say any word.

"If you feel like being pressured staying at home, then you can stay here, you know you have your own office here. Maybe it's the time for you to stay and visit it everyday not just once in a year or never."

PShin's secretay knocked the door.

Maria went out of the office and proceeded to her office which she never appreciated before.

"President, we were able to trace the Family of the victim."

"Where are they?"

"They are from the Philippines."

PShin thought of Donny.

"Contact Atty. Donato Peterson right away."

"President, why don't we contact Chairman Peterson rather that his son?"

"I'll talk to Chairman. Call Atty. Peterson now and try to inquire about the family of the victim."

"Yes, President."

PShin called CPeterson.

"I know we haven't any appointment this time, but I would wish to spare your time Chairman Peterson."

CPeterson laughed for such horrific mention of himself being the Chairman.

"Let's not that be formal President Shin," he then replied. "We can just talk informally," he added.

"I know you have the most influential attorneys in the Philippines. By chance have you heard about Gia Verina case 8 years ago?"

"That has been so long. But..."

CPeterson remembered about his friend's daughter.

"You mean Gia Verina who died 8 years ago because of heart transplant?"

"Yes, that's right. Have you ever met his family before?"

CPeterson suddenly felt nervous upon the mention of the case 8 years ago.

"But, why are you asking about her?"

PShin decided not to tell CPeterson about the real reason.

"It's just that we needed her profile for verification."

"That was the saddest news way back then, especially to Donny."

"Saddest? How could it be?"

"Gia was Donny's friend and he was the saddest upon hearing the news about her death."

PShin was shocked. He wanted to stop his secretary from calling Donny. He wanted to stop their conversation right away.

"Sharlene knew about it I guess. You could also ask her."

By listening to what he said, he felt like he should not ask them. He felt helpless. He felt like he lose 60 percent chance of winning.

After he hung up the phone, he immediately went to Maria's office.

"What do you know about that victim Gia?" he asked as if so eager with anger to know the answer right away.

"Not only to Donny but to Sharlene as well."

"What do you mean?"

"I read about your diary back then. Your plan that you are going to let Sharlene marry the only son of the best Law Firm in the Philippines to expand your power and wealth. I searched about the owner and I found out it's the Petersons. I paid for a detective just to get information about them. I found out he has a close friend who'se name is Gia. I never intend to do something bad for that kid but when I saw her in front of me being sick with a little percent of surviving, I thought of letting her..."

"Did you really do it?"

"I don't know, I don't know," Maria told PShin showing her shivering hands.

PShin held her hands to make her calm.

"That diary is nothing. It was just a dream and I don't know why did I write it."

"Either it's a dream or not, it's done. Donny and Sharlene already met. If ever I did it, what can I do? It has already happened."

PShin looked at Maria eye to eye.

"Whatever happens, don't admit anything. Don't say anything without your attorney. You understand?"

"Tell Sharlene to stay there. Tell her to stop Donny from hearing about the news. They are already okay. Donny already knew I'm Sharlene's mom, they are okay now, but if Donny will find out I am the real reason why Gia died, he might hate Sharlene again. He might hate me and he might forget he loves Sharlene. Sharlene will be hurt if that happens. I can't see my daughter cry. Please do whatever that you can do," Maria said a lot of things. She is so worried what might happen.

PShin tried to calm her down.

"Everything will be okay. I promise, I will do everything. I won't let our daughter cry."

PShin is not that confident that he can do all the things that he promised but he is not afraid to take the risk.