Chapter 23

Spring | MCND

Hinata woke up and rubbed his eyes. He looked and saw Kageyama then smiled. He put his head on the boy's shoulder tiredly then yawned.

"Shouyou, do you like Kageyama?"Yamamoto asked and Hinata stared at Kageyama.

Hinata nodded and held out his hands to his face with a toothy smile. He touched his cheeks while Kageyama looked to get him something to eat. Hinata looked at Kuroo and he was talking to Bokuto as he drank his soda.

"KUROO PAPA!"Hinata yelled, making him spit out his soda onto Bokuto's face then stare at the child.

Kuroo's eyes widened, completely shocked. Hinata knew his name and called him a father. Even though again, all are young. Who couldn't be a father for Hinata? He was a lovely child they all cherished. He was lucky.

Bokuto snickered and Akaashi brought him a towel to wipe his face with. "There is a new father in town."

"Shouyou, how many fathers are there?"Hinata grasped his hands while smiling.

Kuroo took him and he giggled. The boy held the child in his arms and smiled. Kenma snickered and glared at Kuroo out of jealousy. Kuroo has noticed ever since Hinata became a child, Kenma has been really extra with everything he does. He sat down and looked at Hinata's small hand on his chest.

Bokuto sat next to Kuroo who just stared at Hinata closely. He seemed off and he knew something was wrong. He looked at Bokuto and rubbed the boy's back softly. Hinata looked at him and started babbling about colors as the others listened.

Kageyama came with cut meat buns making Hinata looked at them then take one off the plate to eat slowly. It made them smile as Kageyama sat watching him.

"Shouyou, what do you want to be in the future?"Bokuto asked him and Hinata frowned.

"Food."

"You want to be food?"Kenma asked and Hinata nods biting into another piece slowly.

"I couldn't agree more,"Bokuto said with his hands on his cheeks while leaning his arms on the table.

Suga watched as the few sat talking to the kid. He turned to Daichi and sighed. Things have changed since he first became a child and it seemed to be a great way for them to get closer, but there is a problem. That problem is an obsession.

They all have gotten obsessed with him and even Suga knows that he regrets not letting the child be sometimes but he's too worried. He is worried if he goes back to normal not remembering anything. He's afraid he will lose something he loved. Which he's not the only one. A lot of them do. They all think that at some point and now they are.

Daichi wrapped his arm on Suga's shoulder as the male turned his head to see this leading captain. "You seem lost."

"Yeah, I'm just worried."He said and Daichi just smiled at him.

"It's okay. We all are, but don't push it over yourself. At least we had kept him and made memories with him. You know we saw a different side of him we never knew."He said and Suga frowned confused.

"Our Shouyou was too bubbly, energetic, and seemed happy. This Shouyou is almost the same but he shows more emotion, his true feelings. That may be our Shouyou never wanted us to know."Suga stared at him and he looked to see Daichi staring at Hinata.

He turned to Hinata who smacked the table excitedly with his hands smiling. Hinata was talking about fishes and sharks with the boys talking more about the conversation way too seriously. The six want him to be taken to the aquarium one day.

"He seems to understand and learn things as much as possible and is growing in front of us instead of being how he looked before."He continued and looked at Suga.

"He's going to be fine and we will help him as much as possible. Even if he goes back to normal. He is still our Shouyou either way."Daichi lastly said and Suga smiled.

"COACH UKAI! CAN WE GO TO THE AQUARIUM TOMORROW!"Nishinoya yelled and Hinata's eyes sparkled widely.

Ukai looked at the kids who stared at all their coaches. Kuroo picked Hinata up high for the coaches to stare while he giggled.

"FISHY!"Hinata yelled excitedly while Ukai sighed in defeat then nodded.

"So we can go?"Lev asked his coach, giving the team a nod then looking at the other coaches.

"Remember to get good rest,"Takeda said which they just nod excitedly then Hinata was put down.

He looked at Kuroo who just smiled. He looked to see a flower and walked to it. He kneeled down and stared at it. Narita just took out his camera and so did Kenma. Hinata poked the flower and turned to Kuroo.

"Flower!"He said and Kuroo nodded then kneeled down pointing at it as Bokuto followed behind him.

Bokuto smiled and ruffled Hinata's hair then kneeled beside Hinata on his right while Kuroo was on his left. Others sat and watched what was happening.

"It's a sunflower."Hinata turned to him and frowned.

"Sunflower?"He asked and Kuroo nodded which made Suga stare at them smiling.

"Just like you. Isn't that right Bokuto!"Kuroo asked as Bokuto nodded.

"Yeah. You are a sunflower. Did you know that?"He frowned and touched the flower with his index finger.

"No."

"You know sunflowers are a good thing, they make people smile and are really pretty,"Bokuto said and Kuroo nodded.

"Yeah, and a sunflower is a symbol of happiness. Are you happy Shouyou?"Kuroo asked Hinata and he looked at him for a moment.

"I've never been happy with my life."Hinata blurted out and the two blinks with their eyes suddenly widening.

"Is that older Shouyou? Is he here?"Hinata shook his head and touched the flower.

"I...I know. I...can't tell."He said and the two looked at him then gulped.

Kenma and Akaashi noticed a weird aura around the two seemingly worried or uncomfortable. "Why not?"

"Time."

The two stopped and looked at each other then at them. Tsukishima raised an eyebrow noticing how Hinata was leaning towards the flower while the two were staring at them.

"How long do we have?"Bokuto turned and asked as Hinata started to get confused, then took the flower to put on his hair smiling.

"Let's put some on you,"Bokuto said chuckling while Kuroo gulped.

"Kuroo, what's wrong?"He looked at Kenma then got up sighing.

"We might not have much time with him."