Chapter 52

Bad Habits | Shaun

"DADDY!"He yelled and hugged Daichi who smiled at him.

"Shouyou. Your excitement to go to the park today, aren't you?"He nods giggling and Daichi picked him up with his hands up in the air smiling.

Hinata giggled again then was in Daichi's arms. Daichi picked up a bag and quickly got out. It's a wonderful evening. Hinata's headache got better after an afternoon nap. He put him down and Hinata ran to his car.

He went on it and Daichi put his bags in there. He turned on the car of his and Hinata slowly peddled. Daichi walked and frowned noticing a small scratch in the front. He shook his head thinking he must've ridden it somewhere and hit it.

Hinata drove smiling and turned to Daichi who smiled at him. Hinata turned and stopped to see someone he was familiar with again.

"Daddy! The rat is bugging me."He said and Daichi frowned then went next to him.

He kneeled confused and Hinata grabbed his shirt. The man looked at Hinata as he saw the male with muscles. He gulped and walked ahead and Hinata turned his head.

"Papa."He shivered and Daichi frowned then turned to the man he seemed familiar to then to Hinata.

Hinata started crying and hugged Daichi in fear. All those days in pain, he fears to go back for it to happen again.

"It's okay. You can talk to him."

"He...he's my papa,"Hinata told him and his eyes widen shocked.

"Please don't send me to him... he's going to hurt me."Daichi hugged him tightly and kissed his forehead.

"I'll never send you to him. You're with me forever."Hinata looked at him and Daichi stared at him.

"I...He would beat me up, he let people hurt me, and...and he would say mean things. I don't want to go there."He said and Daichi bit his lip.

He continued on and on as the fear in Daichi grew. He felt so much pain and felt as if he could burst into tears. He couldn't believe what Hinata was saying. The days how he was treated.

"Papa would call me useless all the time. He says that I should've never been born."Hinata cried and Daichi gulped.

"Hinata, your not useless nor a regret. To me, you've been the best gift. Don't listen to what has been said from someone who had too much anger to show love. Don't let yourself lose to someone who never had a chance to see who you are or even the ways he's treated you. He is wrong but doesn't make it a habit of believing his words that he only tells."He nodded and wiped his tears then kissed his cheeks.

Hinata wipes Daichi tears and kisses his cheeks too. Daichi didn't notice he was crying either. It had hurt him how much the boy went through. He seemed to be getting his memories but they didn't seem nice. If only he knew Hinata before it happened. If only he paid close attention to him and took care of him before he turned this way. He should've been there but he wasn't. He was so caught up with winning, he forgot he was losing someone.

"I love you, papa!"He said and Daichi hugged him tightly surprised.

He kissed his head and held him tightly. "I love you too!"

They held each other for a while until Hinata sniffed so badly it made a loud mowing sound. Daichi chuckled and let go looking at the boy with puffy red eyes and chubby cheeks. He rubbed his finger onto his cheek and smiled.

"Instead of going to the park, do you want to go see the town?"He asked Hinata and he quickly nods.

"Papa, why are you so nice to me? Everyone is nice. I like it."He asked him and he turned to Hinata sadly smiling.

"Because no matter what. Even if things go wrong. We still have to be nice. However, we always have to be nice to our Shouyou. Your our child and a lovely one."Hinata giggled and looked at Daichi as he drove his car slowly.

"I like being nice too. So that people know it's okay to not be okay when things get tough. We will let you be happy about one thing and let the rest of the problems run away so that you don't have to deal with them sometimes."He told Daichi who stopped as Hinata continued to drive looking at the front.

He really couldn't believe what he was hearing. Just like how he acted before. Is that why he didn't say anything? To make others and himself happy? To show that no matter what, he was going to run away from them. To stay happy?

Hinata turned his head and pout to see Daichi standing there. "How are you going to protect me when your so far Daddy?"

Daichi blinked his eyes a few times and shook his head smiling then ran to his child. Hinata smiled and drove with Daichi beside him who went on his phone to text Takeda about the trip change.

Hinata looked around and smiled and saw people smiling at him. He saw so many people. Daichi was watching him. Hinata stopped and looked to see some type of toy. Daichi's eyes widen and quickly went in front of Hinata.

"Let's go sit somewhere to eat."

Hinata was confused at first but then agreed to follow him. Daichi sighed and turned his head then gulped. He's not going to show something inappropriate to his son. No way he is.

As they continued to walk, they made it to the neighborhood park. Hinata drove and went in the grass to stop. He turned and saw a bunch of boys playing basketball.

They did look familiar to them but he didn't know why. He turned to Daichi who smiled and grabbed a mat out of the bag in his car.

He put it down and Hinata drove to the side so the mat stood. He stopped and got out then took off his shoes. He took the basket out of his car and put it in the middle. He took out the sandwich Takeda made and handed one to Hinata. He opened a big box in the picnic to see a bunch of ice with a juice packet and water bottles.

He gave a juice packet to Hinata who smiled and they both sat eating sandwiches. Hinata watches big men play basketball and then looked at Daichi. He smiled and got up. He went to sit on his lap and looked back at the boys. Daichi just smiled and put an arm around the boy then kissed his head.