4.

They'd arrived back at school, just in time. Just as Grayson had gotten out of the car, Callie had stopped him. "Want a ride home?"

He had agreed and they'd both waited for Ethan and Conan to arrive. Soon enough, they were on their way home altogether. She'd managed to get through the awkward introduction between the twins and her brother. The twins didn't live long away from the school, it felt like a 20 minute drive. Conan was in the front seat with Callie, half asleep. The twins were holding a quiet conversation together.

"I'll see you tomorrow, guys." Callie spoke as they got out.

"Thanks for the ride, Callie." Ethan replied.
"Thank you, Callie."

And she was home, her mother was in the kitchen baking. She had a home baking business, so they'd always come home to a new baked good every day. And today it was Callie's favourite, Hazelnut brownies. She sighed in contentment, entering the kitchen. Her mother stood there, the radio quiet in the background, ingredients all over the side. This was the best thing to come home to, her favourite brownies and her mom enjoying her work.

"You can have a few as I know you enjoy them." Her mom spoke. "And then it's homework, sweetheart." Callie nodded and took a few, as well as a soda from the fridge. She'd gotten homework from almost every subject over the holidays, which she had yet to complete. So she decided to do as much as she could today. She'd sat at her desk, opened her computer and began studying from the powerpoints she'd been given. She maintained good grades but focused a lot more on sport and cheer, as she enjoyed it the most. But that wasn't to say she didn't enjoy her other subjects.

Whilst she was close to finishing her science assignment, she heard a knock at her door. She turned round to see her dad's face pop through her door. "Hi, Angel!"

"Hey Dad." She spoke, smiling at him as she picked up another brownie.

"Could you go and pick up dinner, we're having takeout tonight as your mother has a lot of orders tonight?" He asked. "It's up to you what you want."

"Sure, I'll get dressed now." She spoke. Her dad closed the door, and she remembered she was still in her cheer outfit. She'd switched into sweatpants and a shirt, more comfortable and not seemed to inappropriate to wear in public. Grabbing her keys and her phone, she was out the door and in her car. She loved how quickly the sun dropped in the evening. It was always an array of pinks, oranges and yellows. And she had an amazing view from her window.

Delilah: Have you done the English essay on poetry?

Callie: Unfortunately not, but I'm doing ALL my work this week if you want to join me?

Delilah: Of course, I'll be round at some point this week.