50.

"You should think about it." Grayson confessed. They were walking home together, after sitting on the roof for almost 30 minutes explaining everything. She could always sense a tension between the two, so she assumed Grayson's first thought would be for them to break up.

"I love him but I can't imagine us working if we're in two different states." She reasoned. "I don't know what to do."

They'd gotten to her driveway, he turned to face her before leaving. "Have a rest, think about what you want to do. And talk it out with him."

She smiled. "Thank you, Grayson."

"You're welcome."

-

She was in the bath, a random show on to fill the background whilst she thought. How does she get herself back into these situations? Although this wasn't her fault. If she really wanted to, she could blame the concept of time for birthing her a year apart from her boyfriend. Almost all long distance relationships she'd seen, they'd all ended after a short amount of time. Callie enjoyed having him come over randomly and being there in 20 minutes, she enjoyed spending all of her days with him. But she couldn't do these things if he was in California. She had gotten out of the bath, final with her decision.

Callie: Could you come over soon?

Marco: Sure, we need to talk.

What did he need to talk about? She wondered if breaking up with him so close to graduation would be the right time. There's never a good way for this conversation to happen. But it needed to be done. She'd gotten some pyjamas on, brushed her hair, and anxiously waited. And when he arrived, she felt sick. She wanted to throw up and lock her door, never wanting to see another person again. But hearing the soft knock, she'd unlocked her door and let him in.

Taking a deep breath, she sat beside him and turned to face him. "I have something to say."

He looked confused, scared, and concerned. "Go on."

"With you going to San Francisco and me being here, it would be very difficult for us both." She started. There was no turning back now. "I never want to be someone who gets in between your future, and I don't want that happening to mine. I don't want to spend most of our relationship on a facetime call. That's why I think we should break up. I love you more than anything, which is why it hurts so much. But I want you to experience college, drinking, partying, having fun. I don't want you to spend your weekends and holidays all with me. I'm sorry, Marco."

"I was building up a speech in the car, because I couldn't see an easy way for this to happen. But we clearly had the same idea. I don't want to hold you back. I don't want you to spend your money on plane tickets, I don't want you to spend your holidays visiting me. It's just better for us this way." He spoke.

They both had tears running down their faces, although they both got the best outcome from this. They'd tightly hugged, wiping each other's tears. Marco looked up, kissing her one last time. She watched him leave, letting another tear fall down her face. She couldn't tell whether they were good tears or bad tears, possibly both. But she felt a strange sense of relief.