27.

Christmas break had passed, the snow officially melting. It was now almost March, the spring football game in sight. Cheerleaders were busy practicing, the team were working on their skills before the game. And Callie was falling behind. She was dismissed from her cheer class for the day as she'd lost concentration. The past few months with Grayson were amazing, but her life without Marco was different. She didn't enjoy it.

She'd spent the rest of her cheer class watching the football team practice, waiting for the right time to speak to Marco. She wanted to fix it between them. She approached the class during their break, finding Marco among the crowd of blue helmets.

"Hey, Marco." She spoke quietly.

"Hey." He replied, uninterested in talking to her.

"Can we talk?" She asked him, sitting beside him on the benches.

"There's nothing to talk about." He stated, sipping on his water.

"Just meet me by my car at lunch." She instructed, walking away.

-

It had gotten to lunch, she'd seen that he'd gotten there before her. "You wanted to see me?" He asked.

They'd gotten into the car, sitting opposite each other. There was a thick tension separating them, which Callie had eased by speaking. "Marco, I miss you."

He wouldn't meet her gaze, making her heart feel heavy. He'd finally turned to look her in the eye, his facial expression saying it all. "I miss you too, so much. But it still hurts."

"Marco, we can be friends. It's so horrible knowing we aren't friends." She admitted. "Please."

"You have a boyfriend now, things are different. We can't accidentally kiss, or cuddle, or be in the same room without there being a tension."

"We aren't meant to be doing that anyway, Marco."

"I'm sorry, Callie. I just need more time." He'd gotten out of the car, her following suit. They'd made their way to the cafeteria separately, being spotted by the twins.

"Why were they in her car?" Grayson asked his brother, as they walked to their car. Ethan shrugged, getting in the driver's seat.

"I've been hearing around that they've stopped being friends because he had feelings for her." Ethan added, causing Grayson to sigh.

"Had? Or has?" He questioned sceptically, closing the car door.

"I don't know. But Conan found out, and Marco told him it was everyone talking shit." Ethan explained. "Are you going to the party after the game on Friday?"

"Yeah. I really need a break from everyone."