37.

Callie finished the school day in relief, returning home in her car. She was so drained from another day at school that she was practically dragging herself to her doorstep. But whatever she felt at school, she'd feel at home. At school it would be the torment of seeing Grayson, but at home it would be the sound of her parents arguments as well as Conan's painful resentment for her. There was nowhere, nobody for her.

She sat on her floor, slowly stretching her limbs out. Finally a moment of silence. She had sat on her bed, pulling the clothes she had on this morning and laid on her bed. And her phone had received a message.

'Marco: Hey, how is everything going?'

She just wanted to go to bed. But she had homework, Marco, her parents, Conan, and Grayson to worry about. But she texted him back.

'Callie: Yeah. Homework, bath, bed.'

'Marco: Call me tonight, I want to make sure you're okay.'

She sat at her desk and opened her books to get started on her homework. But she could barely focus, if it wasn't the clock ticking it was the wind pushing on her balcony door. Tired was an understatement right now. She put her pen down in defeat, picking up her phone. She dialled Marco's number, hoping he would answer.

"Hey, what's up Cal?" He asked.

"Is it okay if I stay at yours for a few days?" She entreated, wanting to get away more than anything.

"Of course, when should I pick you up?" He asked, seeming a lot more upbeat.

"Whenever."

"20 minutes?"

"Sure."

Finally relaxed, she packed up her school work as well as some clothes, waiting for the minute Marco picks her up. Without telling any of her family, not that they would even hear her, she left. His car was parked out front, she got in and let him take her away. From everything. When they'd arrived at Marco's house, she was greeted by his lovely parents. Greeting them and explaining why she was here, Marco had time to take her things upstairs and get settled. She'd taken off her shoes, sitting on Marco's bed.

"I haven't been here in so long." She disclosed, sitting on his King bed. She always babbled on about how comfortable his bed was, and whilst him and Conan played video games, she'd nap on his bed. He sat down beside her on the bed.

"It's not changed one bit, though." He declared. "Now, tell me absolutely everything on your mind."

"Are you sure?" She inquired.

"Of course."