23.

A lot had happened in the weeks leading up to Christmas. Grayson joined the team, they won their first game against a rival school, and Callie realised her feelings for Grayson. All with the help of Delilah. They'd spent the whole day together at her house, doing homework, practicing their routine in the backyard, and talking about boys. Delilah was having progress with a senior she's crushed on since Sophomore year. And Callie had her situation with Grayson.

"I think I have feelings for Grayson." She admitted. Delilah had stopped her stretch, turning to her best friend in excitement.

"Really!" She exclaimed excitedly. She'd completely abandoned her stretches, sitting beside her best friend.

"Yeah, I've been spending so much time with him lately. I've watched him at practice, we've gone out after school and during free periods. He's been so amazing." Callie gushes.

"You are so in love, I am so happy for you." Delilah squealed, bringing her into a hug. "But you have to tell him before winter break."

"I will."

Today was the final day before winter break, which meant it was her final chance of telling Grayson how she felt. She'd worn her best outfit; her favourite jeans, a tied up shirt, and sneakers. She'd driven to school, seeing Delilah with two coffees in her hand. Meeting her at the doors, she'd walked with her to Home Room.

"It's the day!" Delilah cheered, handing Callie a coffee. "You need to do it."

"I will. I might tell him at lunch."

Callie felt nervous leading up to lunch, she didn't want her Math class to end. But it did. The bell rang, meaning it was time to tell Grayson. On the way to the cafeteria, which is where he always is, she caught Ethan in the hallway. She'd caught up to him, feeling even more nervous than she did when she left her math class.

"Hey, E." She spoke, the nervousness evident in her voice.

"Hey, Cal. Everything okay?" He asked, stopping at his locker.

"Do you know where I can find your brother?" She asked. She was fiddling with her rings, sweating lightly.

"Yeah, cafeteria. Is something wrong?" He questioned, looking down at her.

"I.. kinda like Grayson but I'm scared to tell him." She admitted, looking at her shoes. He chuckled and put his hands on her shoulders.

"Between you and me, I think he likes you too." He whispered, passing Callie and leaving her with that information. She felt a bit more confident knowing that, so she'd strutted to the cafeteria to find him.