38.

She had rambled on until Marco's mother had brought them both dinner upstairs, luckily they had their homework sprawled out around them. With a few 'thank you's', she had stopped to eat. Marco seemed quite relieved. "Is it okay if I have a shower?"

"Of course." He approved. They'd finished dinner and Marco had disappeared to take the dishes down, leaving Callie to shower. She'd let the warm water relax her. She was away from everything that was bothering her; her parents, Conan, and Grayson. Obviously it isn't nice to hear your girlfriend babble on about her ex and how they spoke today and how he apologised, but Marco didn't mind.

After her shower she'd searched her bag for pyjamas, unable to find any. She sighed and cursed her memory, shivering in her towel. She waited for Marco to return.

"Hey, do you have something I can wear to bed?" She asked politely, her voice trembling from how cold she was.

"Yeah, is a hoodie okay?" He asked. She nodded, slipping it on the second he chucked it at her. As well as some underwear, she'd gotten into bed beside him.

"Shall we sleep? Or watch TV?" Marco queried, turning to face her.

"We can catch up on The Office?" She suggested, posing it as more of a question.

They'd embraced for warmth, watching TV before eventually falling asleep.

-

She'd woken up before Marco, shaking him awake as they'd woken up late. They'd both speedily gotten dressed, brushed their teeth, and left the house. Marco drove as fast as he legally could, hoping to get into school before the bell for 1st period. They'd missed Home Room but that didn't matter too much.

"Ah, Miss Campbell. You decided to join us?" Her American History teacher denounced. With a roll of his eyes, she sat down in her usual spot. "You realise this is lunch detention."

She nodded and turned beside her to see Ethan, grinning happily at her. He was one friendly face she was delighted to see. They'd spoken quietly without getting caught, just as the class had finished. They'd walked out together, laughing at something Ethan had said. They'd walked past Grayson without even acknowledging him, giving him a kick of surprise. He'd walked her to her next class, waving her off as she'd disappeared.

"Dude." Grayson spoke to Ethan, walking beside him. "Did you have to do that?"

"Just because you were a dick to her doesn't mean she hates me." He disputed. "Just you."