21.

She'd woken up earlier than usual, 5am, and was bored more than ever. She couldn't go back to sleep at all, so she decided to get up. Grabbing her phone, she decided to text Grayson.

Callie: Are you awake?

She sighed. Why would he be awake at 5 in the morning? She'd given up and entered her bathroom, about to start running her bath. When she'd heard a notification.

Grayson: Yeah, is everything okay?

Callie: Meet me on the roof.

She smiled to herself, grabbing some leggings and a shirt to pull on. Soon enough, she'd left her house and began her quiet walk to the roof. She hadn't been here for a while, the last time she had was when she'd fallen out with Conan. But she was glad they'd made up about it. And she'd seen Grayson's mop of brown hair on the roof. She'd climbed through the fence, over the rocks and onto the roof, sitting beside him.

"Hey." She spoke quietly. He turned to face her, with a surprised look on his face.

"Aren't you cold? Take my hoodie." He spoke, pulling it off of his body and helping her put it on. She thanked him and played with the rings on her fingers.

"So, how's it been in Bridgeton?" She asked, slightly turning the face him. His eyes darted towards her, thinking about an answer. The streetlamps lit up his eyes and he looked happy to be there, to be with her. Like he wouldn't have it any other way.

"My mom loves it here, so does Ethan and my sister." He started. "But I just feel like I don't fit in." His eyebrows furrowed as he looked down, as if he were stopping himself from crying.

"Like you don't fit in? How?" She questioned. "I saw lots of people speaking to you at the party."

Grayson looked up, slightly irritated that she didn't understand. "It isn't about the party. Everyone bonds with everyone at parties, but at school, it's completely different. Nobody speaks to me apart from Ethan, and you."

"I didn't know. I thought you were doing good." She stated. "I can help you out."

"I don't want you to find me pity friends and I don't want you to do anything out of pity." He argued. He didn't know whether it was his fatigue talking or his feelings. "I want to be able to find friends and get through this my own way. I want friends that don't feel bad for me."

There was a tension between them, until Callie broke it. "Do you enjoy football? Or basketball?"

He paused. "I enjoy both. I used to play with Ethan and my old friends a lot, until we moved. I was even part of the football team."

"Perfect. Well, did you see how quickly Ethan was accepted into the team? He completed try-outs and got in. Now, he'll be part of the next football game in a few weeks."

"So I could qualify for the team?" He asked.

She nodded happily. "If you try out. The juniors and seniors are blended together. We have the basketball team and the football team. Whichever sport you choose to do, that's up to you."

"This school is so different, I really like that." He spoke. "Everyone is nice and welcoming, the sports are for both juniors AND seniors together, and there's no bullies."

"My school actually does something about bullies." Callie added. They both jumped down from the roof. Grayson had offered to walk her home, which she accepted.

"So, you have a sister? Tell me all about her."