36.

Tuesday.

Callie thought this week couldn't get any worse after yesterday, but she was wrong. She had track, which she would usually despise, but science was the worst for today. She used to enjoy biology, the experiments were fun, working with her lab partner was fun. But her lab partner was Grayson, which would make today even more awkward and tiring.

She'd entered the hallway with Marco beside her, approaching Delilah. "Hey, D."

They'd stuck around in the hallway until homeroom, departing happily. As long as she had Delilah and Marco, she would be fine. She had gotten through the day just fine, until biology. She'd walked into the class, before Grayson had gotten there thankfully, and sat down. She sighed, how could she let a boy make her feel like this? Why was she blaming herself? He'd eventually walked in laughing, and when looking up to see Callie, his smile dropped. It wasn't an angry look, more of a lost, confused look. She avoided his gaze and focused on her text book, running her fingers over the ruined edges. She remembered throwing the book around her room in frustration in her meltdown. This book of many other things.

"Hey." He gulped, sitting beside her. He hadn't spoken to her since last Friday at the party, she was quite bewildered he had even spoken to her.

"Hi." She acknowledged, opening her textbook as the teacher called on them to quieten down. Upon realising they had a test, this meant they couldn't speak. That didn't stop Grayson. He'd ripped a small corner from his text book, scrawling a few words onto it before passing it to Callie.

'Can we talk after biology?'

Sighing quietly, she wrote on the back before sliding it over to Grayson.

'I have track, but sure.'

After their biology test, both Grayson and Callie took a slow walk to the locker rooms. He'd stumbled nervously beside her.

"Callie, I wanted to apologise for everything. I know I didn't apologise immediately like you deserved, but I need to do it now. I know I did unspeakable things that Friday night, and you will never understand how sorry I am." He confessed. "I am such an idiot for making you choose between me and your best friend. I was just worried that you would leave me."

Callie didn't know how to even respond to his confession. "Grayson, if I am in a relationship with you, it means I chose you. I didn't just settle for you as a second best. But nothing will excuse the fact that you cheated on me. And to hear that from your own brother hurts even more."

"Callie." Grayson consoled, but was cut off by her walking away. She'd been dying for this track run, needing to get as far away from Grayson before she began wailing again.