35.

Today was going worse than expected. Callie was tired, upset, and just wanted to go home. She skipped lunch with Marco and headed home in agony. Her body was drained from not only cheer, but from holding everything in. Ignoring the texts from Marco and Delilah, she drove home. Usually she'd be spending this time with Grayson, and fooling about around town together. She truly missed the good times with Grayson, and she felt destroyed now that everything was over.

Callie parked her car, locked it, and headed inside. She could hear shouting, matching it to her parents, and sighed as she walked upstairs. They'd fought a lot over the weekend, restricting themselves into the kitchen so we didn't hear. It was tough but she knew they'd pull through, they'd been married since they left college together. Callie hated hearing them both argue, as they weren't always like this, it's just happened recently.

She'd gotten into bed after changing into sweats and a top, seeing her messages.

Marco: Hey, where were you at lunch?

Marco: I'll be over to check on you after school.

Callie: Felt tired so I went home, sorry.

Delilah: Girl, what's up?

Callie: Just tired, see you tomorrow.

Rolling over in bed, she'd fallen asleep in a matter of minutes. Luckily, she couldn't hear her parents from her room. And just like he promised, Marco was over after school. He'd knocked on her door softly, entering and placing a bag of items on the floor. Callie sat up and smiled, bringing her boyfriend into a hug.

"How're you feeling?" He asked her, sitting beside her on the bed. She yawned, stretching her libs before sitting up.

"Everything is weighing me down at the moment. I get dirty looks from Grayson, even though he was the one that cheated, he seems to rub it in my face that he has a new girlfriend. And my parents have been fighting a lot. It's just getting a bit too much for me." She explained.

"You need to relax, baby. I know that hearing your parents arguing is stressful, I hear it a lot at home which is why I love being here. And forget Grayson, even his own brother called him an asshole. He was never any good for you." Marco spoke, picking up the bag of items. "I need you to do a few things for me."

"What's that?" She questioned.

"First thing, relax." He started. "Second, run yourself a bath and enjoy these snacks. Third, get a good night sleep so you're well prepared for tomorrow."

"Thank you, M. That's very sweet of you." She blushed, grabbing the bag and embracing him.

Once he'd left, she'd done exactly as he said. After dinner, she'd taken a bath, enjoyed her snacks, and gotten a good night's sleep.