9.

Callie felt a burst of energy when she'd gotten the news of Marco returning. She hadn't seen him all summer. She'd gotten dressed, done her hair and applied some light makeup, and left for school. She couldn't wait to tell Delilah, who teased Callie all the time about him. She would always make cute comments about them both, which made the situation awkward. The drive to school felt longer than usual. But she had eventually arrived at school, seeing Delilah just getting out of her car.

"I have good news!" Callie cheered, embracing her best friend. "Marco's coming back in time for the beach party." All Delilah did was smirk at Callie, and she knew exactly what she was thinking.

"Stop." Callie state's, giggling. "Let's get to Home Room."

-
Later that day, she caught Grayson in the hallway and decided to walk with him. He was walking fast paced, but she managed to catch up to him.

"Oh my God, Callie you scared me." Grayson laughed, turning to face her.

"I just came in from practise to go to the bathroom, how's things going?" She asked. He nodded and smiled, referencing to the History book in his hand.

"I'm really enjoying History at the moment, I've always loved history." He started. "How's cheer?"

"Good, I'm really tired but we need to get this routine done before the game." She explained. "Also, have you got your things for the beach party on Saturday?"

He nodded. Just as they were about to depart from each other, she'd stopped herself. "There's someone I want you to meet on Saturday, I think you'll love him."

Him? Grayson thought to himself. He watched her jog to the bathroom, entering the classroom himself. He'd sat down at his desk, thinking about who this mystery boy is. Maybe he's her boyfriend? Why hasn't he been in school? Does she like him? Does he like her? History had escaped him and the bell had broken his thoughts. He stood up and left, hoping to catch Delilah in the hall. He'd only spoken to her once or twice, when they were both with Callie.

"Hey, Delilah." He called out. She turned to face him, smiling happily.

"Hey, Grayson." She replied.

"I have a question." He started. "Who's Marco? Callie mentioned him to me saying that we will get along well."

Delilah smirked. "He's a senior, he's been on holiday that's why he's not been in. But he's only a friend of Conan and Callie. Nothing more."

"Okay, I was just curious." He spoke. It looked as if he liked Callie. In a way he didn't know yet.