51.

Callie: We broke up.

Grayson: Oh my God, are you okay?

Callie: He came over for the same reason, so it didn't hurt as bad.

Grayson went silent for a while, leaving Callie to lay in bed and stare at her room. She wanted to change it. She had a fairly large room, large wardrobe, a balcony, as well as an en suite. Her walls were white, she had posters all around, and a double bed. This had given her a rush of energy to do her room, it would surely distract her from the break up. She pulled out her laptop, scouring the internet for paint, new bedding, furniture, and some accompaniments for her room.

Grayson: Check your doorstep.

Strange. She wondered, but left her room anyway. She'd quietly trotted down the stairs, opening her door to see a pot of flowers. She picked it up, observing the white pot to see a small quote in black paint.

'no rain, no flowers'

She smiled to herself, taking the plant pot up to her room before texting Grayson.

Callie: That is so beautiful, I love it.
Callie: The quote is very sweet-sounding.

Grayson: My mom paints flowerpots and I asked if she could make one for you.

Callie: Thank you so much.

She'd gone downstairs, greeting her mom in the kitchen. Who was singing along the theme tune of a show she was watching. Sometimes, the kitchen TV was a blessing and a curse. She'd smiled at her mom as she grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator.

"Hey, honey. How does spaghetti sound?" Her mom asked.

"Sure." Callie replied.

"Why did Marco leave so quickly?" She asked, adding a tub of sauce into a pot. "He seemed quiet."

"We broke up." She replied, casually.

"What?" Her mom was surprised, turning to face her daughter. "Why?"

"He's going off to college in San Francisco and it won't work between us, I don't want to get in the way of his future." She explained. She felt bad saying it again.

"That's very mature of you, honey. And that reminds me, Conan and I will be gone for the weekend. We're going to look at a few colleges in New York, so feel free to have some friends over!" She chirped.

"Oh, I was thinking about redecorating my room. New furniture and everything." Callie added.

"Okay, I'll leave the donation van numbers on the fridge."

Callie marched upstairs, deciding to call Delilah.