53.

"My furniture is arriving today, we bought some cans of paint yesterday. I just need help painting." Callie instructed. Everyone was up early, helping Callie clear out her room. The twins had lifted the bed out, leaving the girls with the furniture and the other accompaniments. Soon, here room was bare. She looked beneath her at the black flooring, happy to make a change to something in her life. It was as if she were stripping her past away, creating a new space for herself.

They'd all grabbed rollers, painting the walls a light grey. It took a few coats and quite a while, but they eventually got there. Callie sat on her stairs with the three of her friends, sipping on smoothies and singing to the music playing throughout the house.

"Oh, the donation van is here." Callie cheered as she heard tired screech and a knock at the door. She'd run down the remaining steps, opening the door to them. All of the furniture was sprawled in the foyer, her clothes and necessities that were once held in them were all over the couch.

"Just this stuff." She directed, pointing to her old, white furniture. She had chosen sleek, black furniture to match her flooring. Which would arrive any minute now.

"Cal, the paints dry. We can put the wall décor up now." Ethan shouted from the second floor. She ran upstairs, leaving the donation men to finish taking the furniture outside.

They'd hung up her new decorations; a neon sign and some plants hanging from the ceiling. Finally, they perched her mirror in the corner of the room. And due to the wonders of perfect timing, her furniture arrived. Grayson and Ethan had carried up the bed box, which needed building. Along with some assistance from the driver, they'd brought up the chest of drawers, bedside tables, the desk and the vanity. There only problem now was the bed, but having four people work on it worked miracles for time.

-

"We're gonna grab food." Delilah spoke, referring to her and Ethan. Callie giggled and nodded, seeing the two run off. Grayson was helping Callie make her bed, the final thing that needed doing. It was quite late as the bed proved a challenge. She put her throw on the bed, smoothing out the drapes surrounding her bed. She'd climbed into bed, inviting Grayson. They both laid there beside each other, taking in their completed mission.

"This has been my dream bed since I can even remember." She admitted. Her head turned to face him, as he looked up at the ceiling.

"The princess bed. It's very fitting." He spoke quietly. His shyness reminded her of when he first joined Bridgeton. And her mind replayed everything that had happened between them.

She was still facing him, this time his gaze fell upon her. She'd gotten up with a surge of attraction, kissing him firmly. She pulled apart after a few seconds, looking down at her hands. She felt embarrassed, stupid, yet it felt right.

"I'm sorry, everything has been so spontaneous recently. I haven't been thinking before I do things." She apologised.

"Don't be sorry." Grayson spoke, running a finger down her cheek.

She heard the door close, indicating Ethan and Delilah were home. They'd sprung up off the bed, admiring the drapes.

"They even slide open, so I can watch TV!"