Chapter 5

Phoebes POV

The week went by swiftly and it is now Friday. I get up out of my bed and head to the bathroom where I take a shower and brush my teeth. I fix my hair in a messy bun and put on a black joggers with a red tank top and a red fitted t-shirt over it with my black converse.

I pick up my bag and head downstairs straight into the kitchen telling my dad good morning. He looks extremely happy today, I can tell by his body movements. I haven't seen him this happy since mom died.
The little joy I had within me evaporated when my mind flashed back to mom.

I clutch  my dove taking deep breaths in the process before my father turns around and I kill his joy. Once I'm calm he looks around.
That was close.
I blow down agreeing with my subconscious mind.

"Good morning ma lady and what would you like to have for breakfast?" He asks me in an attempted foreign accent. I laugh at his attempt because it's dying with cringe.

"A toast;some scrambled eggs and orange juice please" I respond. We start laughing at our corny attempts in speaking another language.

"You are something else you know that" he says and I giggle. We start to eat and in the middle of the meal I decided to tell him about Brith.
"Hey dad"

"Yes dear" he says giving me his full attention.
"I-I made a new friend Monday. Actually she came up to me and ask me for help because she was new." I say smiling.

"That's great honey" his voice blooms with happiness.
"When do I get to meet her?" He asks me with shimmering happiness in his eyes.

"I don't know as yet but I'll let you know soon" I reply rubbing my sweaty palms on my joggers.
"Ok that's great. Well tomorrow we will be visiting the therapist so we'll see what she has to say." He says smiling. I only nod.

^^^^
"Good morning Mr.Beat" we all greet as he walks in.
"Good morning students. Turn your books to page fourteen and start reading."

"Hey....do you want to hang out after school?" I hear Brith who is sitting beside me ask.
"Yeah...sure I know just the place" I tell her and she nods in response and goes back to her work.

After class we went to our lockers to put away our books then head to the cafeteria. I spot a familiar face. As I thought; he hangs out with the popular group that Evan devil and Tye Kelly and others.

Our eyes met and I abruptly look away. I still couldn't get a good look at him;but he reminds me of someone. I don't wanna sound weird but he resembles Brith. They might be related. As much as I felt the need to ask her if they are related I didn't. It wasn't my business anyways.
"Phoebe....hello" I hear a voice in the distance call me.

Then I realize that it's just Brith snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Hm" I hum looking at her.
"Wow when you zone out you really zone out" she says looking at me weirdly. I guess she's right when I zone out I really zone out. My cheeks redden with embarrassment.
"S-sorry.....what were you saying?" I ask her uncertainly.

"What do you want to eat?" She asks me again. I'm the one who is  supposed to be asking her that not her asking me. I sigh.
"A yogurt and a chocolate box milk" I tell her.

"Ok I'll have the same" she says smiling and I return the favor.
After we got lunch and  walk over to my usual spot we lay our lunches on the table and immediately start to dig in.

"Did you know that approximately seventy percent of the teens here are in a relationship and fifteen percent of them like each other and don't say a thing while the rest that remains are just single like us." Brith says in one go.

I blink several times before I could comprehend what she just said.
"How did you even know that and you just started school?" I ask her looking speechless.

Her cheeks reddens and I giggle.
"Truth be told B;I just know" she says tapping her index finger on the table.
"Hey,I'm gonna start calling you B" she says nodding her head. I don't mind any at all.
"Ok...I'm gonna call you Bri" I say smiling. I like that.
She sighs.

"What's wrong?" I question her after she just made that weird sound.
"My brother calls me that...but I still like it." She says taking another spoon full of yogurt.
"Oh".

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear" Bri says sarcastically.
"Who?" I ask sounding clueless.
"My brother" she replies pointing behind me where Evan and her friends are sitting. Air lodges inside my throat making it hard to breathe.
Oh no! Oh no!!

I start taking deep breaths in and out before looking back at her.
"YOUR WHAT?!" I practically shout. Receiving a few glares.
"My brother actually my twin brother. His name is Brent.  What's wrong?" She asks arching an eyebrow.
Oh nothing...he only called me a fool.

I roll my eyes.
How could they be related she is the opposite of him. She's nice and he is a playboy who is also rude.
"I know people often think how the hell could he be your bro. But he's a nice guy trust me" she says waving at him, he rolls his eyes returning the opposite favor.

I turn my head before he could see me.
"Nice....you call that nice. He literally collided with me and called me a fool slash idiot and you call that nice." I say in one breath.
Calm down Phoebe calm down.
I tell myself gripping my dove which calmed me down a bit.

"What!, not this again. Even though I know my brother and he is rude and disrespectful,but he can't do that you're a girl and respect is due" she says getting up and before I could even utter a word to her she's at the table where her brother is seated.

Oh God no. This is not happening.
I start to panic, my breath hitches in my throat when I see the blonde boy in front of me along with Bri. I bite my bottom lip to try and stop myself from panicking even further.

"Apologize to my friend" Bri demands folding her arms. I take the time out to study the both of them. They both have the same blonde hair but different eye color;same nose; same ears; same lip shape and color and same eye brows.
"I have better things to do" he spits.

I slightly jump in my seat as his deep husky voice sent unwelcoming shivers through my body.
"Be nice" she scolds but he doesn't seem to care what she says. I try my best not to make eye contact with him.

"Look she doesn't even talk. She's a fucking mute" he scoffs.

I shot him a deadly glare allowing my eyes to meet with his hideously gorgeous hazel ones. I groan inwardly and turn my gaze away but it was really hard to do so from his intense stare.

"Oh she shoots daggers" he rolls his eyes. Bri glares at him and  he glares back at her.

I couldn't hold back anymore so I decided to let my thoughts go free.
"You're pitiful" I snap.
"The red head's feisty but just a waste of time. I've been called worse. " he says smirking.
I gag.
Who does this boy think he is?
I think to myself.

"So you aren't going to apologize are you?" Bri asks sighing.
"I don't have to answer that" he says and I can feel his eyes on me.
I look up and see a little light of hope in her eyes.

"No" he says rolling his eyes at me. I just want to smack that smirk off his stupidly gorgeous face. Then he walks away. Bri sigh in defeat and so did I.
*****
The rest of the day went ok and I took Bri to meet my dad at his diner and he approved of our friendship.
It was an ok day aside from Brent. He is something.

Are Phoebe and Brent going to be friends?
Idk you read and find out.
Vote
Like
And
Comment
Thank you 😊