Chapter 11

Brent's POV

I wake up like every other Monday,get up did my daily routine and head downstairs. I walk into the kitchen and grab an energy bar then step outside to wait for Bri. I take a few minutes replying to a few messages when Bri enters the car followed by me.

Half way in the drive and she broke the silence between us.
"I heard mom scolding you the other night" she says looking at me. I remain silent.
"You said that you would stop remember?" She asks.

"That's my decision to make I don't need anyone to tell me what I knew I said but didn't mean" I grit out.
"So why did you say it then?"She asks slowly getting upset. The last thing she wants to do right now is get on my nerves about the past.
I sigh.

"This is why... to get you all off my fucking back" I remark angrily. I tighten my grip around the steering wheel.
She sighs deciding not to go any further into the conversation. A few minutes later we arrived and I park in my spot then exit the car after she does.
.......
It's my third class for the day and I already want to go. Today I'll be starting the project with Phoebe. Upon entering the classroom my eyes met hers, great she's in my English class. I sit in the middle row beside her.

Good thing that annoying girl Evan isn't in here or she would've created a scene not like I care. In the middle of  class I turn to face her she turns her head slightly and our eyes met. I study her for a while until I turn back and face the teacher.

There's something about her eyes when they met mine,they look like they held fear or worry.
She's afraid of you.
My subconscious says and I roll my eyes in annoyance  and went back to jotting down long ass notes.

A foolish idea pops up inside my head.
How about I take her to my spot that I go to when I want to get away for a while just for doing the assignment today.
I debated with myself until I just agreed to do it.

"Hey" I call flatly. At first she doesn't look. I sigh rolling my eyes giving her a quick touch on the shoulder.
She turns around slowly with a terrified look on her face. I arch my eyebrow at her.

What is with her?
I take my hand off of her and watch as her face went back to being normal.
"Meet me after school for the project" I tell her as the bell goes off. I walk out of the classroom not waiting for her response.
.....
Phoebe's POV

"Meet me after school for the project" He says and walks out of class leaving me speechless with sweaty palms and heavy breathing.
"Are you ok Ms.Carmel?" Mr.Brown questions but I was too busy trying to revive after what just happened to reply.

"Phoebe"I hear his voice again but I only nod in response as I take my time clearing my things. When I finally reach my locker I'm still dumbfounded.
"Hey B"I hear Bri's cheerful voice say but I was too consumed in my thoughts to even answer.

"What's wrong?" She asks me looking concern. I just look at her, that only made her even more curious. I thought that he was going to I don't know maybe.....apologize. So stupid of me to even think of that I squeeze my dove and steadied my breathing.

My mouth felt dry as I try to form my words but fail.
"Hello earth to B" Bri says snapping her fingers at me. I didn't  even remember that she's still here.
"You're making me worry what happened?" She asks anxiously.
"Br....your....." I still couldn't form my words properly.

"What is it?" She asks bewilderingly.
"Y...your b....brother t...told me to meet him a...after school."I  stutter badly I probably sound weird. She frowns at me.
"Really? What for?" she asks barely believing herself.

"School project" I say playing with my fingers. "Ok then. But tell me if he says something mean or does something" she says and I nod. I was expecting her to deny but she surprised me, probably because it's for school purposes. In fact she knows him better than I do.