Chapter 30

"There's something I need to tell you" he says.
"I'm asexual"

"Get the hella up bitch;it's twelve in the afternoon and we need to go shopping!!" I hear a familiar pique voice clamor but I ignore it. The next thing I feel is a soft yet heavy object hitting me in the head.
"What the hell!?" I flare. Her eyes widen with shock while her mouth gawk following her eyes actions. I groan and roll my eyes at her historical state.

"Listen up missy-" I cut her off. I know that it's quite unfair to act like this but I'm tired of these shits happening in my life.
"Ugh you're not my mother" I growl. What am I acting like this? Why the sudden change of attitude?
"I know but I'm just trying to get you up and running" she says shrugging.
"Leave me be. You don't know anything happening in my life much less to get me up and running. You don't know how the hell it feels like not having a mother that you can't touch nor talk to anymore" I say in full tears. She lay beside me and wrap her arms around my shoulders and pull me to her chest. I know that it's kinda beyond our previous conversation but it just came out.
"I'm so sorry about your mom and you're right I don't know how it feels. If I did or say anything wrong I'm sorry" she apologizes while hushing me.
"I'm sorry it's just that it's really hard" I sob.
"That's why you have me. Always." She says and I nod. We sit in silence while she tries to calm me down. I never thought of the day that I would be breaking down in my best friend's arms.

"Are you ok? Do you want something to drink?" She asks softly and I nod.
"I'm fine." I whisper and she hum in response.
"Did dad let you in?" I ask getting out of the bed and head into the bathroom.
"Yeah" she respond. I did my daily routine. I  feel refresh and energize when I ascend from the bathroom.
"Are you still up for today?" Bri ask and I nod yet again.
"You don't have to feel sorry for me you know; it really pisses me off when people do it" I explain taking out my underwear and a blue sweater along with ripped jeans from my drawers and closet. The weather today is humid but what the heck. I walk back into the bathroom.
"I know;it's just.....I don't know ok" she says clearly confuse and I sigh.
"I'm still going" I state and hear her squeal. I can't help but giggle and feel guilty at the same time. I was just crying and now I'm laughing.

"Phoebe; no matter what happens he happy at all times"

I recall the words my mother said to me one day while she was combing my hair. I swallow a blue that was rising in my throat and walk out.
"I'm ready" I announce and she waisted no time to drag me by the hand and scurry out of the house. I close that door and enter into her car panting. Did I mention how much I hate running? Well fun fact. I do. Bri shook her head and start driving. Within thirty minutes we arrive at Oculus Mall. We step out of the car and enter the mall.
"So I have already made Spa reservations;makeup appointments and hair appointments all at Federico Salon and Spa" she babbles.
"Oh it's at one in the afternoon sharp" she says glaring at me.
"Ok but Prom isn't until Saturday" I say stating the obvious and she grab my shoulders and pin me against the wall.
"We have a lot to do" she says through gritted teeth. I hold my hands up in surrender and she set me free.
"Sorry it's just that I have been awaiting this day since I was a little girl" she explains as her cheeks burn in embarrassment.
"It's ok. Let's do this!!" I say trying my best to sound excited even though I was. A little bit.
"Yah" she claps and I giggle. ''Tis is gonna be a long day.
........
"I don't like this one" she says looking at a dress that has an extra,took extra bottom. I cringe. We walk over to where they were having a discount on a few dresses that no one seems to like. It's a good thing that they are on discount because I carried two hundred dollars with me from my savings and if Bri thinks that I'm not gonna help pay for those reservations she has a next thing coming. A ping coming from my phone capture my attention and I sigh looking at the person's name who texted. I put my phone back into my bag and skim through the dresses on the racks to distract myself from Mycheal and his confession last night.
*Ping*
"Ugh" I groan in annoyance and look at my phone this time it's Brent.

Brent: Hey Red head do you wanna hang out today?

                       Me:I wish I could but I'm shopping for prom dresses with Bri. Tomorrow?

I wait a few seconds before he reply.

Brent:yeah. See you tonight ;)

I wish that I could hang out with him dearly but I can't.
"Hey B..." she call.
"Hmm" I hum and walk towards her.
"I think I found your dress" she says grinning. I took the black fabric from her and analyze it. It's a romper dress with a deep v-line cut that I'm sure will show your cleavage and roses on each side of the dress. At the bottom is a shorts that is covered with a thin transparent material that has one layer and is split at the front. It looks stunning.

"Go try it on" she says shooing me inside the changing room before I can protest. I guess it doesn't hurt to step out of my comfort zone once in a while. I shrug and put it on. I may not have a prom date but I will enjoy myself otherwise;well try at least. I walk out of the small changing room and stand in-front of a mirror that in attach on the outside of the room. I gasp at the mesmerizing black elegant romper dress that hug my body in every angle.
"Oh Em Gee. This is you" she squeals and gives me a warm hug. My stomach flutter as I took one last speechless glance in the mirror. I walk back into the changing room and change swiftly then look at the price tag. Lucky me it only cost one hundred dollars. This mall isn't cheap but I won't question why we are here.
"So how do I look?" Bri asks me twirling around in a breath taking royal blue off shoulder dress with pleats. I know it cost much more than my dress but it fits her wonderfully and I like it.
"You look truly dazzling Bri" I complement.
"Thank you" she reply and I shook my head.
"But isn't it expensive?" I couldn't help but ask. She only shrugs and walk back into the changing room then comes back out with her dress in hand.
"When Kyle see you in that he's gonna have a heart attack" I state and she laughs.
"Not like when Mycheal see you in that" she says smirking. If only she knew.
"What's wrong?" She asks knitting her eyebrows.
"Last night he told me that he's asexual. He only said that he liked me to see if he can develop feelings for someone. I'm glad he confessed though" I say in one go.
"That prick. How damn dare he; I'm gonna kick his fucking ass whenever I see him. What a douche bag" she huffs. She's even more furious than I am. I mean I'm angry but not like first time everyone has their flaws.
"It's ok Bri I'll know what to do when the time is right and besides there's no problem in going to prom alone' I
said  shrugging.
"Yes. It is. Everyone will have a date expect you. Wait we can go together" she says smiling and I return the gesture.
"No I'm fine stop worrying about me and think about sweeping Kyle off his feet" she blushes at the mention of his name.
"You sure?" She ask and I nod.
"Affirmative" I reply and we went off and bought some random stuff then eat lunch. The day out with. Bri is coming to an end. She drop me home after we had lunch.
"Seven sharp" she reminds me about the dinner with her mom tonight. I respond with an ok and go inside. Lucky thing I told dad during the course of the week.
"Hey dad... we should be ready before seven" I tell him while walking up the stairs.
"Ok" he reply and I shut my room door.