Chapter 20

Phoebe's POV

"Good morning" I'm woken by the voice of Bri that sounds grumpy in the morning.
"Hey" I greet her sitting up on the bed rubbing my eyes to adjust to the sunlight that is now creeping inside the room.

"What time is it?" I ask her as I sit up straight.
"Ten thirty" she replies. I nod; got up and walk into the bathroom. She hands me a towel; toothbrush and a bathing rag. I take a nice long shower underneath the warm water that relaxes my muscles.

The scene with Brent and I replayed in my mind over and over again. I touch my lips unknowingly and exhale.
"Here you go I had them washed and dry cleaned for you" Bri says handing me my clothes from yesterday.

"Thank you. You're the best" I say and she flips her hair.
"I know" she boasts cockily and I chuckle.
"How about a sleep over Friday night?" I ask her gathering the courage to do so and she gladly agrees.

She walks into the bathroom a few minutes later while I go to change into my clothes. I put my dampened hair into a messy bun and waited for Bri to come out of the bathroom. When she was finally finished we head downstairs.

The sweet scent of pancakes hit my nostrils,I inhale it's scrumptious smell.
"Good morning girls. How was your sleep Phoebe?" Keran asks.
"It was good. Thanks for letting me stay for the night" I add smiling.

"You're always welcome honey. Ok well let's eat" she says pointing to the table and I take a seat next to Bri while Keran takes the head seat. We start eating while Keran starts to ask me questions about my future plans and you know.... those stuffs that they normally ask.

We hear footsteps coming from the hallway and my pulse quicken. I know who it is and last night plays yet again  in my mind more than a dozen times. He sits in front of me and I shift in my seat. I'm confused and surprised to why he is even sitting here and so was Karen and Bri who both had a surprised yet confused look on their faces.

"Good morning" Karen greets him and he hums not like I expected him to say anything else.
"Are you ok?" Keran asks cautiously and I gulp.
"Why wouldn't I be?" he asks and proceeds to eat. I hold my head down feeling his hard gaze on me but I refuse to look up.

Last night was a misunderstanding and I kinda gave in.
"Well... ok" his mom says smiling.
"Are you sure?" Bri asks with concern in her voice.
"What's with the damn questions" he grits holding his head probably a hangover. I roll my eyes at him being rude to his sister.

"Sorry" she says rolling her eyes.
"Dick" I hear her say underneath her breath and I giggle. My stupid eyes caught a quick glimpse of him and he glares at me. I quickly divert my head back to my food and finish my breakfast.
++++

Breakfast was silent after Brent's attitude he left a few minutes later to his room but it was ok with Bri her mom and I. I am currently in Bri's room looking at myself in the mirror.
"Thanks for inviting me to breakfast" I tell her stepping away from the mirror.

"Anytime besides you slept over. So how are things with you and Kyle?" I ask wiggling my eyebrows at her. She blushes hard and I giggle.

"Well don't say anything but he asked me out" she says and I clap excitedly.
"So what did you say?" I ask her raising an eyebrow.

"Well.....I said yes of course" we cheer and jump up on the bed like amateurs.
"When though?" I ask her.
"Well it's this Saturday" she announces.
"Perfect so I'll have time to help you prepare" I say and she agrees. We talked for an hour before I decided it's time to go.

"It's now time for me to leave." I tell her and she pouts, I walk out of her room and towards downstairs with Bri following behind. I walk into the kitchen to tell Keran bye.
"Thanks for having me" I say thanking her. "You're welcome honey" she says giving me a tight hug.