Chapter 13

Phoebe's POV

It's now Saturday and my mind is still focus on the kiss. I want to tell Bri so badly but I can't.
"Good morning pumpkin" my father greets entering my room.
"I knocked but you didn't answer" he says smiling holding a tray filled with breakfast.

My face lights up when I spot the food but my appetite is void.
"Good morning dad thanks for breakfast" I say mastering up the best chirpy voice I could find as he places it in front of me.

"Ok I'm heading off to work now wanna join?" He asks.
"I'm sorry I have a project with a classmate to do" I tell him feeling bad for disappointing him. I felt like crying.

"Ok then have fun" he says kissing my forehead and I smile.
"Ok you too and say hi to Nikki and the others for me" I say smiling.
"Sure" he replies and leaves the room. My therapy sessions are going well but I have yet to tell my therapist about what happened.

I look at my breakfast forcefully eating some then take my meds. I went downstairs and wash the dishes still in my pj and took some chips and a juice upstairs with me.
::::::::::

"No can't you see he's playing you!!!" I shout as if the actors in the movie can hear me. I'm disturbed by a ping coming from my phone.
Message from Brent
I took a few deep breaths before looking at it.

              Brent: I'm going to pick you up in ten minutes.

I groan walking over to the bathroom and took a quick shower, threw on a yellow summer dress and white sandals and let my hair loose. When I was finished I took up my bag with my project and headed downstairs. I then heard the sound of a car beeping and I knew who it is.

I walk out;close the door and climb into the car in silence.
:::::::

"So what do you have?" I ask him.
"Oh well I read over the strategies and added something more to it" he hands me a piece of unfolded paper I take it from his hand and read it. It's good but something else is missing.

"What if we say that Dave is the antagonist instead of him being the good guy because his series of events were a bit cruel to Donte" I suggest.
"That could work but what if he changes then." He says.
"Well he won't he will still remain like this for the rest of his life unless someone wants to change him"I growl unintentionally.

"What if he eventually falls in love with Fiona?!" He shouts.
"Well these are the strategies and that is what we're working with" I shout back.
He looks out into the river and scratches  his head. Yes we're at his spot sitting on the rock arguing about our project but I feel like it's more than that.

"This isn't gonna work and since when do you call the shots" he says frustratedly.
"What isn't gonna work?" I ask confused ignoring what he said at the end.
"What isn't gonna work is u-this" he mutters. Was he gonna say us?
"Ok then we will stick to our old strategies then" I suggest and he agrees.

We spent a few more hours on the project and thankfully it would be finished in the next three to four days or weeks.
"That's it for the day" he says and I nod.
"You good?" He asks me calmly too calmly. I have a feeling that something is gonna go down.
I nod.

"Look Phoebe about the other day-" I interrupt before he says anything else.
"It's ok Brent I understand" I tell him blinking my eyes rapidly to avoid tears from falling.
"No it's not I snapped on you for no fucking reason" he says cupping my cheeks.