Chapter 35

Brent's POV

Saturday~

Yeah I fucked up again. I have been calling Phoebe from yesterday and she totally avoided me at school. My anger always gets in the middle of things and I take it out on her. But if she just stops asking questions this wouldn't have happened. My phone rings and I look at the screen. It's the last person I want to talk to right now.
I press the green button and put it to my ear.

"What? you have been calling me non stop" I growl through the phone.
"Calm down bro I need to talk to you" he says.
"I thought I made it cl-" he does the wrong thing by cutting me off.
"Just hear me out ok. Bri kept on saying she wanted to go and I told her countless times no but you know how she is. I gave in and let her come with me and I didn't let her drink not even a sip and I was drunk when I say that about her. I know that it isn't an excuse but I will never hurt her" he's says at once and the part where he mentioned when he told me he almost slept with her pisses me off.
"Well that's not a fucking excuse is it?"
"I know man but I'm sorry ok and I don't want to loose my only good friend" he says sounding pathetic. I can't believe I listened to him I was a bit desperate but no more of fucking that from now on.
"Whatever man just don't let it happen again" I snap.
"It won't" he responds and I hang up. As I'm about to put down my phone it chimes. I look at it and see a message from Bri.

Bri: Can you pick me and B up we are at Federico Salon and Spa.

I check the time and see that it's after five.

Me:Can't you ask Kyle?

Bri:He's busy right now and mom carried us because my car won't start.

I sigh and reach for my car keys. I guess it's a good time to talk to Phoebe. She'll look pass this she always does. Shrugging I walk to my car and start the ignition. Thirty minutes later I am at the front of the salon waiting on them. That was the most horrendous thirty minutes drive of my life. Groaning I take out my phone and dial Bri's number. I put the phone to my ears and she picks up on the second ring.
"Hello" a voice answers with uncertainty. I suck in a breath.

Phoebe's POV

Bri left her phone with me while she went to use the bathroom. Our makeup; hair and spa appointments are over and I must say I love my look. It's all natural and so is Bri's with blue nude lipstick and mine red lipstick. Her phone screen lights up and a name pops up on it. I arch my eyebrow in confusion.
"Obnoxious Other"
I answer it on the second ring.
"Hello" my voice comes out uncertainly. The person on the other end sucks in a breath.
"I'm outside Phoebe and I-"
"Ok we're coming" I say shutting him up then hanging up the phone. I know what he's about to say and I don't want to feel burdened right now. Bri comes back shortly after and we waltz towards the car. My heart beats slowly quicken the closer we get and my palms begin to sweat.

As soon as we reach the car Brent's eyes along with mine met and it felt awkward for a second. I swiftly look away but can't help the way his mouth gapes slightly when he sees me. I bite my cheeks to stop myself from smiling and enter the car. He starts driving as soon as Bri gets in.
"What took you so long?" He asks getting irritated. Bri blows down and roll her eyes.
"You don't have to know that" she answers sassily and I look out the window letting them have their sibling fight in peace. I start drawing circles on the window while watching the buildings pass by.

Flashback.
"Mommy look at the running buildings" I said drawing circles on the window as they pass by. My mom chuckles.
"They aren't running dear. It's because I'm driving pass them" she explains sweetly.