Chapter 41

Phoebe's POV

"And now here I am crying like an idiot" I sniff wiping my nose with the sleeve of my sweater. Bri makes a disgusted face but doesn't judge me when I told her what happened yesterday. Nothing hurts more than being rejected by someone you have immense feelings for.
"You can say it," I tell her,my lips trembling.
"Say what?" She asks as if she doesn't know what I'm talking about.
"I told you so. Go ahead say it" I sassily remark.
"Are you hearing yourself right now. Do you think that I would really judge you for not listening to me or crying" she scoffs obviously hurt by
my words.

I'm taking my ignorance out on her when I'm supposed to be taking it out on him. He did this to me and I should've listen when she and even him tell me to stay clear. But I thought I could help him come out of his dark place but I'm proven wrong.
"I'm sorry" I mumble.
"It's ok I understand" she says hugging me to her chest.

"I'm so naïve;so foolish to even think he would like me back. It's all in novels not real life. I'm so stupid" I cuss at myself for being such an idiot.
"Shhhhh. Don't you dare call yourself an idiot you are the most selfless person there is and you know that even Brent.....sorry" she says apologizing for calling his name. I nod. She's really pissed off with her brother but I don't want that nor do I want to get in the way of their relationship.

"It's ok; don't be mad at him please" I tell her. She must think that I'm an idiot for saying that but I just don't want anymore trouble.
"Why? look at what the fuck he did" she stands up carrying her warmth away with her. She tug at her hair in annoyance just like her brother does. Bri will only remind me of Brent and that's what I don't want right now.
"Bri it's ok I just don't want to cause any trouble" say trying to calm her down. I love my best friend and this is one of the reasons why,she always defends me.

"You won't be causing any trouble trust me because it's already there I thought he learnt his damn lesson last time" she says the end more to herself.
"What do you mean?" I question tucking my curls behind my hair.
"Nothing" she tries to brush it off.
"What is it that you aren't telling me?" I press.
"It's nothing ok just leave it" even though she's angry she still looks out for her brother and I respect that.
"Let's talk about something else" I tell her and her shoulders relax.
"Ok. Are you coming to the beach party tonight?" She asks.

I've totally forgotten about that and I didn't inform dad before he left either.
"I'm not in the mood to be around anyone right now" I say blowing down. She nods her head in understanding but I know it won't end there.
"First of all missy;you weren't together. Second of all you need to stop mopping around and get the fuck up now and go take a damn shower," she says harshly but with care in her voice.

She's right even though her words sting she's got a point. He's not my boyfriend but it still hurts when he rejected me looking me straight in the eyes. It has been five months now since we have been going back and forth in friendship. It's weird how we've been wasting five whole months on a friendship that wouldn't even last. This feeling; I have never felt it before. The feeling I felt when my mom died is way more different than the feeling of rejection.

"Sooooooooooo?!!!!" She exaggerates. I blow down nibbling my lips contemplating whether to go or not.
"Yeah I guess" I shrug plopping down on my bed. It's five in the evening and the party doesn't start until eight so I have ample time. But with Bri she wants to get everything ready before then. I get up and spread my bed and fix my dresser and closet then walk to the bathroom.

"And you say you don't have OCD" Bri teases and I roll my eyes walking out of the bathroom after washing away most of the tension in my muscles. If just his rejection have me feeling like this what if we were together? Would it hurt even more? I ask my own uncertain self.
"So let's see what you have here" Bri says opening my drawer. She pushes my clothes aside making them raggedy.