Chapter 6

Brents POV

"So do you wanna hang out today?"
I hear as I'm passing Bri's  room. Sounds like she's  having a conversation on the phone.
"Ok I know a place."

She says hanging up. I then hear footsteps coming towards where I am. As I'm about to walk back to my room luck wasn't on my side. When is it ever...
"Ease dropping huh" She says folding her arms and pointing daggers at me. I roll my eyes.

"No I wasn't" I say rolling my eyes again.
"Did too" she says.
"Are you five? Or just an idiot" I ask arching an eyebrow.
"I'm gonna tell mom that you were invading my privacy" she says sticking out her tongue at me. I often times wonder how we're related. I roll my eyes at her. .

"Whatever" I scoff.
"Really?" she asks turning to the direction of the living room.
"Do me a favor just one" She says looking at me with her now brightly lit face.

"No" I say sternly.
"Please" she says nagging me.
"No are you deaf" I ask looking at her as if she lost a brain cell.
"It's just one favor" she says desperately holding up a finger as if I don't know what the number one looks like.

I guess it's not bad to do one favor for someone.
"What is it?" I ask and she squeals. Fuck, I cover my right ear.
"Well my friend and I are going out today and I need a drive. So.... you're going to be our driver and you're gonna stay until we're finished for the day" she says in one go poking my shoulder with her index finger.

I look at her finger then back to her. She quickly removes her finger and gives me a smile.
"Not gonna happen I have plans plus what about your car?." I ask her.
"But you just agreed and my car isn't starting at the moment moms gonna get it fixed." She whines.
"So" I snap.

"Please Brent come on despite the cold person you are you must have a heart no offense" she says. She kinda does have a point.
"Ok I'm gonna delay them and carry you and your weird ass friend." I say memorizing her features. Her natural curly red hair; dark green eyes and her brown silky skin.

"Great; now was that so hard and she's not weird" she snaps me out of my thoughts. Why was I even thinking about her.

I cringe at my thoughts.
"When do you leave?" I ask typing on my phone caring less what her response might be.
"Brent....Brent!"she shouts and then stomps off to her room. I'm too deep in my phone to care.
Did she say twelve?

I question myself shrugging. A few minutes later she comes to my room and says that she's ready.
"You didn't even tell me when you are ready to leave" I say annoyed.

"Of course I did. If you weren't busy typing away on your phone then you would've heard me." She hisses.
"Well I was busy telling the guys I had to pass." I snap at her.
"Whatever lets go" she says in an annoyed tone.
||||||||||||•||||||||||||•||||||||||||

Phoebes POV

Oh God she'll be here soon and I haven't found a thing to wear.

I thought pacing back and forth in my room. I'm starting to lose control of my breathing. I slump down on the floor cupping my knees together with my hands and rocking back and forth.
Ok breathe, Phoebe breathe.

I took a few deep breaths and count downs. I  squeeze my dove thinking happy thoughts. It's my first time going out with a friend what do I  expect I'm a nervous reck. I got up and walk over to my closet where I take out a pair of skinny jeans and red fitted shirt and put on my old converse and retrieve my black purse.

I fix my hair in a ponytail and watch a few strands fall onto my forehead. I look in the mirror and shake my head.
"You can do this" I say smiling at myself.
I'm not gonna cry. I'm not gonna cry.
I assure myself as I look at the once loner girl who now has a friend and is going out.