Chapter 49

Phoebe's POV

Well today is the day that I'll be leaving this school,I've already freed my now old locker of my old school supplies. This week has been hectic if I must say.

"Are you ready Phoebe?!" Dad shouts from downstairs,I exhale and shouted back an 'almost'. My aunt and cousins are already on their way and are very near,like thirty minutes near.

I rake my fingers through my naturally curly hair once more then fix my lipgloss. I only wore lipgloss and mascara because I didn't feel like doing any makeup.

I trod towards the white fabric that's lying on my bed. It's the most fascinating dress I have ever seen,a white maroon knee length lace dress. As I touch the fabric memories with mom flooded my mind.

A tear fell down my cheek and I wiped it.
"I did it mom. I finally did it" I sniff retrieving the dress from the bed unzipping it from the side and then I pull it over my head pushing one hand through the sleeve followed by the other.

After dressing I grab my clutch and a pair of flat pumps in my hand and take deep breaths before going downstairs. I walk carefully down the steps in my five inches plain black stiletto I brought at a garage sale.

But now that I'm entering college I best stop spending and save more even though I hardly buy myself anything if it isn't necessary. I don't really have a lot of clothes but I pull through.

"You look lovely" dad compliments me with open arms. I step inside of them and wrap my hand around his back while enjoying every second of it. We pull away and he looks at me once more.

"You look so much like your mom" his voice holds sadness and his eyes became glossy.
"Thanks dad" I smile, frowning.
"You look handsome as usual" I compliment chuckling trying to lighten up the mood.

"Oh this old thang" he laughs gesturing to his black and white suit. I giggle and roll my eyes.
"It was passed down to me from my father" he smiles looking deep in thought.

"If we want to be early we have to go now" I nudge his side. He nods and walks before me, I close the door after exiting and head over to the car.

"Do you have everything?" Dad asks.
"Yeah" I reply strapping on my seat belt. He reverses from out of the driveway and onto the residential road.

Within a few minutes we arrive at the graduation venue,my school. My dad agreed to take a seat as I walk to the bathroom to put on my gown. Upon entering the bathroom a funny sound caught my ears.

I step further into the bathroom and the scene I uncover uneases  me.
"Get a room. Gee" I gag as I saw Bri and Kyle doing their 'thing'. She giggles as I step out of the bathroom being sure to lock the door.

They didn't even seem to be fazed at all. I shiver trying to block the upcoming images and voices inside my head.
Where can I go that is not filled with hormonal adults.
Theatre.

I walk towards the old theatre and gladly there wasn't anyone there. I hurriedly put on my gown and hat while looking into an old mirror.
"You came all this way to put on a gown and a hat?"

A voice behind me asks making me jump in fright. I turn around wide eyed which later turns into a glare.
"Tye? to what do I owe this pleasure?" I ask confused.

"Nothing, I just saw you coming in here alone and thought you needed some company" he walks up to me I take a step back.
"No thanks" I roll my eyes.
"He was right" he said mostly to himself.

"What?" I arch my eyebrow.
"You are sassy and I like that in a woman" he bites his lips and walks closer.
"Not interested" I hiss,as I walk pass him he grabs my wrist.