Chapter 27

Sunday~ Today is the day that I'll be sending in my college applications. I applied for New York University;Stanford University;Colombia University and Brooklyn College. Seeming that I live in Brooklyn;New York.

*Pitter Patter*
The sound of water droplets woke me from my slumber. I got up and rubbed my eyes to accommodate to my surroundings. I went to the bathroom and brush my teeth then made my way downstairs.
"Good morning dad" I said yawning.
"Manners" he said pointing the fork at me. I gave him an apologetic smile and started eating my breakfast.
"It's quite rainy today" I said and he nodded.
"Yeah the weather fore-tress said that we'll be having some light showers this morning and in the afternoon" he announced. We finished the rest of the breakfast in comfortable silence.
"Dad. I'm going to drop off my applications today can you drive me please?" I ask him.
"Yeah sure honey what time?" He ask not taking his eyes from the tv screen. Oh how I hate football.
"When I'm ready" I told him and went upstairs. I laid down on my bed for a while scrolling through IG when I got a message from Mycheal.

Mycheal: "GoodMorning sleeping beauty"
He texted and I can't help but blush.

Me:"Hey"

Mycheal:"Do you have any plans for today even though it's raining?"

             Me: "Yeah I'm going to drop off some applications today"

Mycheal:"Oh well when you get back can I call you?"

                                Me:"Yeah sure"

Mycheal:"See you then;)"

I switch off my phone and went into the bathroom.
I wonder why Bri haven't texted. I squeezed some shampoo in my hair and massage it in before washing it out.
"You smell so good"
Those words replayed in my head as I step out of the shower my stomach began to flutter. I blew down and look at myself in the mirror. Images of us at the river replayed in my mind and my throat became dry.
"Have you ever been touched like this before?"
I remembered him clear as day ask. I miss him. No. I need to stop thinking about him because he doesn't care about me. If he cared he would have at lest called. I need to get my mind off of him and focus on bettering myself. I walk out of the bathroom and took out a long sleeve shirt and a pair of jeans. Then I walk to my closet and took out a white sweater from off the hanger  and a pair of black sandals. After putting them on I put my damped hair in a ponytail and went downstairs.
"I'm ready" I told dad and he retrieved the four applications from the table. I suddenly became nervous but the genuine smile on dads face and the dove told me otherwise. As I opened the door I was greeted by the cold air that sent goosebumps all over my body. The rain has now stopped but the sky still remained very bleak even though it's twelve in the afternoon.

We made our way to the car with cautious steps because the ground is slippery due to the amount of ran that fell combined with the gas fluid form my dads car. We went in and turned on the heater and made our way to the post office that is just a few  blocks away from where we live. Taking in deep breaths I hesitantly put them in while my father comforted me.
"I have faith in you so don't worry" he said. Better said than done. I nodded and we made our way back to the car.
"Do you want some hot cocoa?"
I could do well with some right now of course.
"Yeah" I said and he engulf me in a hug.
"I'm so proud of you and so is your mother" he said and tears stream down my face. I wiped them away and frown looking at my dad.
"After the hot cocoa can we go look for her?" I ask and he nodded. We made it to a coffee shop that doesn't sell coffee alone and we ordered two hot cocoa and two Poppy seed rolls. After we ate we went to the flower shop and bought mom's favorite; lilies. Dad drove to the cemetery and when we arrive I took deep breaths.

"Are you ok?" He ask with a worried expression written  on his face. I don't blame him to look worried if you have a daughter that has anxiety attacks and you don't know when anything can happen. I nodded in response and we step out of the car. After walking pass numerous tombstones my anxiety grew even more. As soon as I spot my mother's tomb I lost it. I plopped down myself on the cold wet grass and started crying. My dad place his hand on my shoulder to comfort me but I held out my hand for him to stop because I feel the need to let it out. I know my eyes are bloodshot red by the time I'm gonna finish crying but I careless. When I was calm enough I started talking to her.
"Hey mom......we bought you flowers, your favorite" I said placing them on her tombstone.
"I sent in my applications today......dad said I will get in one of them and I believe" I said sniffing.
"I wish you were here mom.....I-I miss you;we miss you"I started crying again. After another hour of talking to her we went home and I went straight into my bedroom. A knock on the door disturb my silence and I blew down.
"If you need anything call me" my dad on the other end said.
"Mhm" I hummed in response and sleep or darkness consume me.
*Ring* I hear a faint noise.
*Ring* there it goes again.
*Ring* ughhhh. I squinte my eyes to adjust to my surroundings and roll over on the bed and retrieve my phone from the table.
"Hello" I answer with my voice sounding grumpy.
"Hey. Is it a bad time?" The person on the other end ask and my eyes shot open;fully. Oh god I totally forgot that he was gonna call.
"N-no" I replied getting off of the bed.
"Ok. Are you alright?" He ask curiously as I'm digging through my drawer for comfortable clothing. I decided to go with a blue shorts and a white t-shirt.
"Yeah. I was just taking a nap that's all how about you?" I ask clicking my tongue then sit on the bed cross legged.
"Well.....I'm here thinking about something or should I say someone" he responded and I nodded even though he can't see me.
"May I ask who that person is?" I ask.
"It's you silly" he said in a low tone that I almost didn't hear him.
"Does that sound cheesy" he ask and I shook my head again although he can't see me.
"No......well a little bit" I responded giggling and he chuckled.
"Soooo......about that date are you available on Friday?" He ask nervously. I paused for a second.
"I'm not sure; but I'll give you an answer tomorrow"
"Promise?" He ask almost; if I'm not wrong; in a desperate tone.
"Promise" I repeated and we talked about random stuff afterwards then I went down for dinner. Dad and I made small talk not about today I get that he doesn't want to upset me. After dinner I went back upstairs and took up my phone then started to scroll through IG. I haven't heard from Bri all day I wonder if she's ok. With that I decided to text her.

Me: Hey

Bri✨🦋♥️: Hey B

Me: What's up? I haven't heard from you since this morning.

Bri✨🦋♥️: I'm sorry I just have a lot going on right now.

Me:Do you wanna talk about it?

Bri✨🦋♥️:It's nothing besides we have a long day tomorrow and I'm tired but I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Me:Ok goodnight.

With that I ended the conversation and turned off my light. I haven't talk to Brent since that happened and I just need to hear his voice. He's avoiding you. My subconscious said and my stomach churn. I scroll through my contacts and press on his caller ID. Bare in mind that I don't have a lot of phone numbers but it wasn't hard to find. I bring the speaker up to my ear and after five rings I hung up and rest my phone onto the night stand. I miss my mom. A tear ran down my cheek and I went into deep slumber.

Hola everyone. You haven't been leaving any comments nor vote and it hurts. I don't want to write in vein so please show some love and comment; like and share. Thank you. ❤️