Chapter 29

Friday~The week flew by very fast and I couldn't believe it's already Friday. I promised my dad not to skip anymore classes though. Brent and I haven't really spoken to each other during the course of the week. But I have bigger problems to worry about right now. Like finding a new dress to wear for my date even though Mycheal haven't told me where we're going.

"I need your help" I said to Bri while we sit in our respective seats.
"What do you need?" She ask bubbly.
"Well....Mycheal and I are going on a date a-" before I could even finish she interrupted screaming on the top of her voice catching everyone's attention. Lucky thing the teacher hasn't come yet. I cover her mouth and remove it when she calmed down.
"Why didn't you tell me?" She ask.
"I haven't told you?" I ask surprising myself. I thought I already told her.
"So what are you gonna wear?" She ask waiting for my answer. I open my mouth and she move her hand in a circular movement gaping her mouth also.
"Nothing" I finally said and she hit her hand on her desk creating a beat.
"And that's why I'm here" she said and I smile.
"Oh and mom wants you to come over for dinner along with your parents if that's ok?" She ask and my heart ache at the mention of parents.
"Y-yeah" I replied clearing my throat.
"I'll give you a drive home and see what you have in your wardrobe aside from sweats and t-shirts" she mock me.
"Hey they're comfy" I said pouting.
"Whatever weirdo" she said and I chuckle. Soon after the teacher came and we started the lesson or should I say revision at hand.

"Ugh that damn pop quiz was hard" Bri murmured while we walk to our lockers.
"No it wasn't. All you have to do is schedule a plan and study" I said shrugging. It really wasn't hard.
"Oh shut it we all know you have OCD. I mean look at your well organized locker and bedroom" she said gesturing to my locker.
"I'm not I just like things a certain way. Now back to that pop quiz-"
"Ugh if I hear the words pop and quiz again my brain will literally pop" she said doing the whole action. I chuckle at her silliness and headed off to class. We sat in our respective seat and Mr.Webster came in.
"Hey" I hear a voice behind me say and I turn around to see who it was.
"Hey Mycheal" I replied with a grin. I haven't seen him this morning.
"Are you ready for tonight?" He ask and my heart quicken.
"Yeah. What should I wear?" I ask instead of where are we going.
"Just wear an elegant dress" he said and I nodded. I felt someone nudge me in my side and I turn to see Bri smirking at me. I push her playfully and redden.
"So show of hands who did the assignment" Mr.Webster announces  and my hand went up first as usual.
"This is gonna be a long day" he said sighing. After class we went for lunch. Bri and Kyle are seated at their usual spot and so was Mycheal and I but some ones missing.
"Hey Kyle;have you seen Brent today?" I ask and he nodded.
"Yeah he's with his girl" he responded in disgust when he said the last word.
"Oh," is all I can pester up to say.
"Is something wrong" Mycheal ask in my ear and I shiver.
"No I was just wondering" I said taking up a fry from my plate.
"Oh" he replies and steal my fry.
"Heyyyy" I whine.
"You look cute when you pout" he said and I gulp.
"I can't wait to see you tonight" he whisper in my ear. His hot candy like breath sent shivers through my body and I turn to look at him. It's a good thing that Bri and Kyle were too busy making out to even acknowledge us.
He looks deep in my eyes and I reply.
"Me too" our breath fanning each other's faces until a familiar voice snap me from out of his trance.
"Ahem" he clear his throat and I look up to see him with of course Evan.
I roll my eyes and turn my attention back to him.
"Can I talk to you for a sec?" He ask not acknowledging Mycheal. I don't expect him to though.

I look over at Mycheal.
"I'll be back" I replied and he nodded. I look up and see Evan pecking Brent's lips and I turn my head.
"Let's go" he said and let's go off of her hand. I follow him into the hallway and lean against the brick wall.
"So what's up?" I ask fiddling with my fingers.
"About Monday I know that I was and still am a jerk but I'm sorry I never knew you know that;that happened" he said and I look in his eyes which held unfeigned apology. I nodded.
"Yeah well nobody knows expect you. I haven't told Bri yet but I bet she noticed already" said biting my cheek to stop me from crying.
"Oh" he said hanging his head low.
"Yeah. So is that all?" I ask sniffing.
"I-w-yeah" he changes his sentence every time.
"So are we friends again?" He ask and I took in his scent. I missed it.
"Yeah were we ever not" I giggle and he smile.
"I miss that sound" he said tucking a loose hair behind my ear and my pulse quicken. His fingertips brush on my skin light and just that have my feet weak and my stomach to be filled with butterflies. I have to stop doing this. He has a girlfriend and I'm going out with someone today. Oh no I can't do this to Mycheal. I clear my throat and he swiftly moved his hand.
"So......are you ready for exams they are after prom?" I ask trying to light up the mood.
"Yeah I guess" he said obviously not interested. I look on his shirt and saw a piece of thread peeking out. I try my best to keep my hands to the side but fail. I reach out and fix it.
"So what colleges have you applied to?" I ask.
"Well Brooklyn College;Colombia College; Princeton University and WSU" he stated. What WSU.
"WSU?That far?"
"Yeah I wanna get far away as possible from this hell hole" he says and I can't help but giggle at the mention of hell hole. I don't know what I would do if he goes that far away.
"Some of mine are private but I plan on getting a job to help pay my expenses" I say and he hum.
"I think I want to get into Brooklyn College so that I won't be far from home plus it'll be just an hour drive how about you?" I stated and he nodded.
"Anywhere works for me but I hope WSU picks me" he said and a pain shot through my chest. I'm so naïve to think that he actually would want to be near me.
"Oh. I'm gonna go back in there before Bri starts going ballistic" I said awkwardly.
"Ok see you then Red Head" he says and I give him a smile and walk back into the cafeteria.