Chapter 44

Phoebe's POV

"Today is the last day that you'll be attending school. You'll be give a week off and we will notify you when you should be back at school. Have a nice day" Principal Trent says.

We are in the auditorium listening to what he has to say. My mind goes back to my college applications,I haven't heard back from any of the colleges I applied to and it's making me nervous. My hopes are still for Brooklyn College but if I get into any other college I'll work with it and find a job.

"One week" Bri whines putting up one finger. I chuckle and she huffs,her and Kyle are now on good terms thanks to his understanding that Bri will never cheat on him.
"I know right. I also think that I'll be getting my results in this week also" I tell her.

"That's good B,I can't say much for myself I think that I'll be getting mine next week" she shrugs nervously.
"You'll get into a good college and do your best" I encourage her placing my hand on her shoulders. She sighs and nods.

"Wanna hang out? No boys" she blows down,a smile covers my face and I shake my head up and down;she giggles and we climb into her car. We debated on Macdonald's and a diner,Bri won of course and we are now in the drive tru.

"Good afternoon what can I get you?" The robotic machine asks. I open my mouth to speak but she beat me to it.
"Two cheeseburgers,two x-tar larger fries,one strawberry and chocolate milkshake please" she says placing the orders.

"Ok drive up to the window and collet your order" the machine instructs, she drives up to the window,a man in a red and white shirt hands Bri our orders she takes it and sends it over to me.
"That will be fifty dollars" he says and Bri fish in her purse in search for her money.

"I'm short can you?" She frowns.
"Yeah sure" I tell her pulling out my purse and giving her the money to pay the guy. He gives her a warm smile which Bri returns then we drove off.
"How did you know that I would want a cheeseburger and chocolate milkshake?" I ask taking my first bite off of the scrumptious food.

"Because I'm your bestie have you forgotten" she asks in fake anger. I burst out into laughter,she joins.
"No I haven't." I chuckle eating a fry. I guess burgers aren't so bad but I still prefer home cooked meals.
"So how are things going overall?" I ask her while sucking up the juice from out of my cup with the straw I was given.

"Ok I guess" she shrugs blowing down. I know when something is bothering her and right now something is.
"What's wrong?" I ask giving her my full attention. She puts down her burger on her lap and the shake in the cup holder. We are currently parked outside of Macdonalds because we felt like it.

"Well it's Brent." She begins and my appetite is lost. I swallow the lump forming in my throat and ignore the butterflies in my stomach that are now active because of his name.
"What about him?" I ask closing my eyes,his image appears like always. I open my eyes and give Bri who's already looking at me an ok smile.

"It's ok if you don't want to talk about him. I know you guys aren't on speaking terms" her words make my body shiver and the scene with me and Brent arguing flashes into mind and I quickly erase it.
"Don't be absurd,tell me don't worry it's going to take a while for me to get over him but I will" I say convincing her but mostly my self.

"You sure?" She asks with cautious eyes,I give her a warning glare and she chuckles then nods.
"He has been distant for me and mom even though that was how he was along time ago," he blows down and continues.

"He and I have been cussing at each other every chance he gets and I hate it. I love him and I know he loves me and mom but he doesn't show it,it's very heartbreaking for starters. Friday night he came in drunk as usual cussing mom,I invaded but he only say what he usually say when I scold him" she stares into space,I hold her hand and nod for her to continue.