Chapter 28

Monday~ I was kinda looking forward for this day to come because I want to see Brent. As stupid as it may sound I miss him.
"Hey Bri" I said giving her a warm hug.
"Hey" she said grumpily. I arch my eyebrow at her.
"What happened to the lively Bri that I know?" I ask confused.
"She's tired. Brent left last night again and he haven't come home yet" she said and apart of me's disappointed because I won't be seeing him today and the other part of me is worried where could he be? 
"Have you ask any of his friends?" I ask and she nodded.
"Yeah and they all said the same thing 'we haven't seen him since Friday" she said and heat crept up my cheeks. This is not the time to be blushing. Where the hell is he.
"Hey. Have you heard from him as yet?" Kyle who came out of nowhere ask.
"No we haven't but we're still looking. If he doesn't come back by sun set mom is gonna file a missing persons report" she said and my head began to spin. What?

"I'm gonna try his cell" I said and she nodded. It went straight to voicemail. I tried again and on the first ring he hang up. Where the hell is he?
"Hey B can I talk to you for a sec. Please?" Mycheal ask and I sigh. I look at Bri and she nodded.
"So Prom is coming up and I was wondering if you can do me the honor and be my Prom date?" He ask and soon after a crowd gathered around some holding flowers and others cheering and some holding up. Will you be my prom date. I am speechless. I don't know what to say. Right now isn't a good time;Brent is gone and no one  knows where he is now this and my personal issues. I open and close my mouth but nothing came out. Mycheal looked like he's gonna pass out any second. I look at Bri for help but she was busy on her phone with a pale look on her face.
"Well?" Mycheal ask snapping me out of my thoughts.
"I-I" I don't want to hurt him but it would seem selfish if I just say yes especially when there is a much serious matter at hand.
"I need sometime to think. Excuse me" I said and walk out on him. I feel terrible for doing that but I just need some time to think this is all moving too fast. I have a million and one questions to ask Brent and then Mycheal came along and I'm so confused.
"What's wrong?" He ask.
"I'm-I....I'm just not ready to give you an answer yet. Brent is missing and I can't give you an answer yet. I'm so confused" I said sniffing. He walk towards me and hug me tightly.
"You don't have to answer now. I'll wait" he says and I'm so glad how understanding he is.
"Thank you" I mumble in his shirt.
After a few minutes of crying we sat down on a wall near us.
"Where do you think he is?" He ask.
"I don't know but I'll want to be somewhere that no one can fi-" wait he isn't missing I know exactly where he is. I sprung up in search of Bri. I have missed first and second period and so did Mycheal I owe him an apology.
"Where are you going?" He shouted behind me.
"I know where he is" I shouted back and kept running in the direction of the cafeteria. When I spot her blonde hair and worrisome face I cringe.
"I know where he is" I told her and her eyes lit up.
"Where?" She ask and got up immediately follow by Kyle.
"I can't tell you but drive me there" I said and she nodded. The look on her face tells me she wants to know where I'm talking about but she doesn't and I'm glad.
"Where are you going?"
"To find Brent. I'm sorry for making you miss classes and yes I'll go out with you Friday and I'll go to Prom with you" I said and his face lit up.
"Talk to you later" I shouted and went into Bri's car. I gave them the direction and when we arrived I told them to wait there. They agreed and I went to our spot. To my luck he's here sitting on the rock looking out into the river. My breathing became more calm every step I take towards him. I was negative at first if he was gonna be here but I'm glad that I found him.
"Brent" I said softly. He turned around and roll his eyes. His attitude never ceases to amaze me.
"What do you want?" He ask annoyed and I sat beside him. I took a few deep breaths before looking at him.
"I'm here to carry you back home" I said calmly.
"I'm not fucking lost" he snap and my heart became heavy.
"Why did you vanish? everyone is worried sick you haven't answered anybody's calls. No even mine" I said disappointed.
"I never ask anyone to look for me did I. Plus I can do whatever I damn want" he remark harshly.
"Why this attitude Brent?" I ask him and he remains silent.
"What happened?" I felt the urge to touch him but I refuse to.
"None of your damn business now go" he scowled and I jumped.
"Look;I don't know what happened but all I know it that you have a loving mother and sister who will do anything for you to come home and you're here acting like a fool" I know I'm being harsh on him but what emotions should I show he never tells me anything.
"You don't know shit. Your life is all gold and silver no problems no worry if you're gonna disappoint mommy or daddy. Just go before I say something I can't take back" he said bitterly and I have enough.
"Listen you-you....ugh. You don't know anything about me so stop assuming. My life isn't all sliver and gold lining you are just sitting here feeling sorry for yourself and you don't see the blessing you hav-"
"Blessing fuck blessing. Your dad never told you how ashamed he is to call you his daughter;he never tells you're a disgrace;fuck he doesn't even disown you and talk shit about you and start fights" he shouts standing up and I get it now. It's his father. I got up and follow him down the rock and my phone begins to ring. I ignore it knowing that it's probably Bri.
"What happened with you and your father?" I ask touching his shoulder for him to turn around but he doesn't budge.
"Nothing new" he shrug.
"Please talk to me Brent please" I plea with him but he doesn't budge.
"Brent....I can help if you talk to me" I don't know in what way but it's worth a try.
"Help me" he laughs and I frown.
"Go back to your mommy and daddy princess don't keep them waiting oh and also that little boyfriend of yours" he said the end in disgust. Anger flared in me. I can't believe what I'm hearing.
"My mom died Brent. I only have one parent figure in my life and Mycheal isn't my boyfriend" I growl. I haven't plan on telling him this way but he's pushing me over the edge. Tears sting my eyes and my throat started to hurt.
"I-I never knew. I'm sorry" he says finally turning around.
"You just assume things and contradict me" it's funny how one time we were shouting at each other assuming things and now he's acting nice. I can't keep up with him. I turn on my heel and started walking away.
"Phoebe come back" he command but I kept on walking.
"Phoebe. I'm sorry ok I never knew I know I'm a prick and hard to deal with at times but it's just me I can't change" he says and that stopped me in my tracks.
"I'm not asking for you to change I just want you to talk to me you can trust me" I say sounding foolish yet desperate.
"It's not that easy. You'll get tired of me and leave me too" too?
"What do you mean?" I ask and he held his head down.
"You see what I'm talking about?" I say and started walking back to the car he silently follow me without me even asking him to come. I'm happy for that but mad at him for the things he said.
"Brent" Bri's voice boom and she ran and hug her brother like there's no tomorrow. Being the person he is he doesn't reciprocates it and gave her a small but barely seeable smile. I went into the car and Kyle went to greet him. Bri call her mom soon afterwards and then joined me in the car. Wait if his car is no where near here what did he take to transport him here?

Today I guess one of my many questions have been slightly answered and that is what his father is like towards him but the 'why' isn't answered as yet. I remain silent the entire drive while Bri continuously thank me for finding him. I glimpse over to look at him a couple times and aside from his messy blonde hair he looks fine. When they arrived at my house I told them goodbye and took a glimpse at Brent who was already looking at me. I went inside and went straight to my room. Why haven't my dad known about my absence at school. But I know for certain that he will hear about this one and I will be lectured but I don't care. Well not right now at least. Brent's words replay in my head. I forcefully push them aside and laid down on my bed. I'm glad that I didn't miss out on a lot because I have already studied those topics. I close my eyes for a brief moment.
"Phoebe Carmel" my dad shout from downstairs and my eyes flew open. Oh God.