Chapter 33

Brent's POV

Monday~

Beeeeeeeeepppppppp!!!

My damn alarm went off adding to my migraine. I wish that I could play hookie right now. I sit up on the bed massaging my temples slowly trying to decrease this damn headache. It feels like someone is hitting me with a ten pound hammer. I reach over to open my table drawer and found two Advil's and a glass of water on the top along with a note. I pop the two pills into my mouth and gulp down the water and read the note.

Go to school.
                          Mom.

I roll my eyes and walk over to my closet and change into a black t-shirt along with black jeans. I brush my teeth and take my bag and head downstairs. My headache hasn't decreased at all.
"What took you so long" Bri screams and I cover my ears. Great now it's even worse.
"Why the hell are you screaming?" I ask angrily.
"I'm not even screaming" she says rolling her eyes as I grab my keys. I head to the garage and hop into my car while Bri drove hers thank God. I decided to stop at a coffee shop before I head to school.

"What can I get you sir?" The machine asks and I scrunch my nose at the horrible sound that it is making increasing my headache.
"Straight black Coffee" I say and drive up to collect my order. I pay the man at the window and drove off. I take a quick glance at myself in the mirror I look like shit. Dark circles underneath my eyes;extra messy hair and slightly puffy eye lids. I inhale the fresh scent of my coffee that tastes bitter sweet on my tongue. I swallow the hot liquid and start driving onto the residential road. Within minutes I arrive at somewhere that I didn't want to be. I could've spent my day somewhere else but I don't want to. I shut my car and throw the empty coffee cup in the public bin.

Surprisingly I'm not late and I wonder how that is. Probably they set my alarm earlier. I roll my eyes and head to my locker. I retrieve a one liter water bottle and start drinking none stop. I'm so damn dehydrated. I close  my locker as soon as I take out my books. I walk to class just as the bell rings also adding to my headache.
"Good morning class" the teacher says to us.
"Good morning Mr.Webster" everyone but me answer.
"How are we all today?" He asks another question. What is it with people and fricking questions. I ignore his voice and rest my head on the desk.

Phoebe's POV

"Good morning class" Mr.Webster says greeting us.
"Good morning Mr.Webster" we reply expect for one person. He is seated three seats away from me.
"How are we all today?" Mr.Webster asks.
"Good" everyone says expect him he rests his head down on the desk and I can't help but feel a bit worried. He looks awful when he was entering the classroom. I cringe at his appearance and held the urge to speak to him. He was rude to me yesterday and he hurt my feelings I thought we were going somewhere. But with Brent you won't go anywhere in friendship because his mood swings are too much. It's mean to say I know but it's the truth....
"Mr.Carmel do you know the answer?" Mr.Webster ask and I open my mouth. Everyone's eyes are on me.
"Um-"
"Ring"
The bell sounds saving me from further humiliation ;thank God.
"Ok you may go and I hope you're all studying" he says and I pack my things and head to my locker.
"Hey" a masculine voice says and I bite my inner cheek to stop myself from smiling like an idiot. I shut my locker with a bang and he hisses. I silently giggle.
"Yeah I deserve that. About yesterday I know what I said hurt your feelings and I wasn't in the right mood ok" he says and I keep walking. That's always his excuse.
"Phoebe" he calls softly holding onto my arm stopping me in my tracks. Before I turn to face him I spot Mycheal who's looking at me with a sad expression on his face. I feel sorry for him and I want to forgive him but not yet. I turn away from him and to Brent who is now glaring at Mycheal.
"What?" I ask switching his attention back to me.
"Huh?" He asks rubbing his temple and taking a big gulp of water.
"What's ,wrong?" I ask arching my eyebrow.
"Just a headache" he says and I nod.
"Do you wanna go out for lunch today?" He asks.
"Brent lunch isn't gonna fix anything" I say.
"I know just let me explain over it;so what do you say?" He asks and I nod in agreement.
"Ok"I reply and we parted our ways.