Chapter 47

Phoebe's POV

"As you all know the reason why you are back at school is for graduation preparations which starts today. Hopefully we can finish by tomorrow it isn't much but my apologies for informing you this late. Be on the lawn in ten minutes" the principal tells us.

"What could be so important that he forgot to tell us" I whine.
"Relax B not everyone's like you" Bri says biting her lips stifling a laugh,I glare at her she puts her hands up in surrender.
"Whatever" I roll my eyes.

"She's right what exactly was so important?" Mycheal teases, I give him a glare and watch as he laughs at me followed by the others. I huff the entire way to the lawn awaiting the principal.
"Hey B can I talk to you for a sec?" Kyle asks,I nod.

We walk a few feet away from the others.
"What's up?" I ask popping the p. He chuckles at my not attempt of a joke and I can't help but join in.
"Have you talked with Brent?" I choke on my saliva and he pats my back for support.

"Sorry....." I apologize and he nods, "Kyle he and I haven't been......we aren't friends anymore" my voice saddens remembering last night he was drunk that's why he came. He looks confused as to why.
"What happened?" He presses.
"It's not something I like talking about but we both think that it's best if we stop with our 'friendship' " the words sounding bitter on my tongue.

I try not to think about him going so so far away from here.
"Have you both talked?" I ask hesitantly.
"Yeah but that was a longtime ago" he tells me,I nod in understanding and look to where Bri and Mycheal are standing then back to Kyle.

"You know which colleges he got accepted into right?" I ask out of curiosity.
"Yeah Bri told me" he shrugs,of course she did,I smile.
"Lets go back before Bri has my head for being so far from her" he jokes and I can't help but laugh despite the burning feeling inside of me.

"Yeah lets go" I chuckle walking up to the others and stand beside Mycheal.
"What were you guys talking about?" Bri asks with curiosity lace in her voice.
"Nothing important" Kyle replies and she nods knowing her she won't let it go.

"Silence!!" Principal Trent shouts,I'm used to his constant shouting since the seventh grade but he startles me at times. The entire senior body stays silent to hear what he has to say.

"A virtual graduation will be held at ten a.m. on September the twenty third on this spot of ground. You are to be in the schools old theater room for the fitting of your gowns and hat in an hour so you have time for a break be back before one. Thank you" he dismisses himself and so did us.

"It's five minutes till twelve o'clock" Mycheal announces. We haven't spent any time for a while I guess both of us are too busy.
"So where do you guys wanna go to eat?" Bri ask.
"McDonalds" Bri says at the same time I say "Cake shop".

"So which is it boys?" I ask looking at them both.
"McDonalds sounds good" Kyle cowardly remark.
"Cake shop for me I'm tired to eating McDonalds" Mycheal says,I smile up at him and we parted our ways.

"So how is everything going?" Mycheal asks as he turns on another street.
"Honestly good and bad" I tell him.
"Care to share" he smiles.
"Yeah I got accepted to NYC and Colombia University" I can't help the smile forming on my lips.

"That's great news....speaking of I was accepted to Yale" he says leaving my mouth gape.
"Oh my God that's great Mycheal" I squeal while giving him a side hug because he's still driving.
"Thanks it's not much of a deal though plus it's just an hour and thirty to forty minutes drive away from here we'll still be in touch " he shrugs.

"Look at you sorting out matters so quickly. I'm so proud of you" I give him a kiss on the cheek.
"Thanks mom" he teases,I smack his arm and giggle. We arrive at the Cake Shop three minutes later wasting no time in ordering my usual chocolate cake and a milkshake shake while Mycheal ordered donuts and ice tea.