Chapter 16

Enjoy!!!

Phoebe's POV

After Brent and I's conversation on the phone last night I felt torn. I haven't felt this way since my mother died. I wake up earlier than usual because I couldn't sleep after last night.

I get out of bed and did my daily routine then put on my usual clothes and took a look in the mirror I cringe seeing the person looking back at me. A tear slides down my cheek.
Get yourself together.
I hear my subconscious say and it's actually right for the first time; it has told me something positive.

I take up my bag and walk  downstairs to make breakfast for myself and my dad since he isn't awake as  yet. I took my meds and  left a note on the table deciding to walk to school.
————
When I arrived I took a few deep breaths and squeeze my dove before going in. I don't bother replying to the message Brith sent me earlier I just want to stay by myself. I want my old life back when I was happy with mom and dad not sad like this.

A tear escapes my eye followed by another then another until I find myself crying in the bathroom. Lucky for me there were just a few early birds here. I wipe my tears and wash my face then head to the library.

I take out a copy of the Pride and Prejudice and continued from where I left off. I found myself crying at one of the scenes in the book as I compare it to my life.
"You ok?" I hear a familiar voice ask. I look up and see Kyle who greets me with a smile and I reciprocate it. As much as I don't want to talk to anyone he's polite.

"What's wrong?" He asks looking concern.
"N-nothing; I was just reading this book and found myself crying" I say laughing.
He gives me a sympathetic smile. I hate it when people do that.

"Look Phoebe Br-" I cut him off.
"No please I don't want to talk about that right now"I say trying to fight back my tears. 
"Ok" he breaths.
"Are you always this early?" I ask changing the subject. I bet he sent him to come talk to me. The nerves of that guy.

"Yeah pretty much and I hang out here in the mornings" he says smiling.
"I never expected to see you in a place like this nor come to school this early" I say with surprise in my voice.
"Well life is full of surprises Tinkle bob" he says smiling. I cringe at the name.

"Tinkle bob" I say laughing then scrunching my nose he joins. This is  the first time that I laugh since last night the bell rings right after.
"See you around;yeah"he says waving to me.
"Yeah" I reply smiling then went back to square one. I pack up my things and walk to my first class.

::::::

"Hey; you good?" Bri asks me cheerfully. She doesn't know what's going on.
I only nod and went back to the lesson at hand.
"What's wrong?" She asks getting me a bit annoyed. She's my best friend and I don't want to snap at her but...
"Nothing already, I'm fine" I say getting up and walking towards Mrs.Daily's desk to ask her for a pass.

As soon as I got it I went for fresh air. I walk through the corridors for a few minutes until I felt better. I start walking back to class and as soon as my eyes trail up I see the person whom I'm trying to avoid today making out with Evan.

I feel like to hurl. I blink away the tears that are forming in the corner of my eyes and turn the other way. I find a bench nearby and take a seat on it  letting the tears flow.
I'm tired of letting him get to me, tired of crying;tired of getting hurt.

You caused it.
My conscious chips in  and I agree. I bring bad luck. After a few minutes of crying I get myself together and walk back to class. Thankfully I didn't see them again. There's only ten minutes left in class and the teacher gave us that time to speak amongst our pairs.
I tried my best not to talk to Bri but she never stops. 

"Look B you need to tell me right now what the hell is happening to you!" She shout whispers. I'm taken aback by her sudden out burst.
"Nothing ok it's nothing" I snap and everyone looks at us, I care less.
"Keep it down you two" Mrs.Daily says and we both nod.

"Something is wrong. Please talk to me. I care for you very much you're my best friend and I love you" she tells me  sincerely, holding my hands. She's right I'm giving her a cold shoulder because of her brother and she did nothing to me and she's my only friend, best friend to be exact and I love her also. I sigh. 

"Ok I-It's B-Brent" I stutter.
"What the hell did he do now?" She asks angrily.
"Well........." I told her everything that had happened last night well not some of the things I took personal she's furious and as soon as the bell rings she storms out of the class in search of her brother. I run after her but she's long gone.

Oh God help me.
I search for her everywhere I possibly can but there's no sign of her. I start to breathe heavily;panicking. I hold onto my dove as I go through the breathing process but it doesn't work. My head starts spinning until my surroundings went dark.
—————
"You see what you did" I hear someone screaming.
"I didn't do shit!!" the other voice argues.
I slowly open my eyes but it's all just blurry. I blink several times holding my head. I have a minor headache.

"Shut up Brent she's awake" I hear footsteps scurrying over to where I am. I look around my surroundings and realize that I'm on a bed with white sheet that's used as a cover and a nurse sitting on a chair with some papers in his hands. It hits me; I am in the school's nursing center.

I slowly sit up and felt someone holding my hand, I stiffen then relax when I realize that it's Bri.
"Hey are you ok?" She asks.
"Do you want me to call the nurse?"she adds.
"N-no I'm good. Just a minor headache I'll-" she cut me off before I can finish.

"I'll get some pain killers and water for you" she says sternly. There's no use arguing with her so I just nod. When she walks off I scan the room and my eyes land on Brent who's sitting in a chair with his fists clench.

What's he doing here?
I hold the urge to go over and ask if he's ok but I roll my eyes at that thought and leaned back on the soft pillow. I take out my phone and check the time. It's after two I missed my class.

How long was I out for?
"You were out for two hours" he says flatly answering my question to myself. I nod my head and look out the window at the big blue sky that's so peaceful.
"Look Ph-" he's cut short when Bri comes in. I wonder what he wanted to say to me? Bri hands me two pills and a bottle of water I thank her.

"Why aren't you in class?" I ask frowning.
"Don't worry about me you were the one who blocked out because of worrying too much" she says and I keep silent.
"Yeah you're right but still-" she cuts me off again. I sigh.

"Shush and rest. I'll be back I'm gonna get you something to eat" she says smiling. I couldn't have ask for any other best friend. I nod and smile.
"You are the best" I say giggling.
"I know" she says flashing her hair and we both laugh then she went on her way.

I didn't even remember that Brent is still in the room until a chair moves.
Of course you did.
My subconscious interrupts. I sigh.
"Phoebe" he says walking over to the bed. I ignore him and look out through the window.

"Phoebe..." he calls once again but I still ignore him.
"I'm-.." I cut him off because I can't take his crap right now.
"Sorry..??" I finish his sentence.
......Yeah Brent that's what you should've said from the start and I'm tired of hearing you being judgmental over and over again. Just leave me alone." I say trying to keep my voice down I bite my lips to consume my tears.                                    

He remains silent for a while then opens his mouth to say something.
"Look you were warned but you didn't listen so stop with the damn pretend attitude" he says getting me annoyed.

"You don't have to keep reminding me that I made a damn mistake asking for us to be friends ok!!" I yell wincing at my upcoming headache. He takes a step towards the bed.
"Look Brent after we're finished with the project I want-I need you to stay away..... stay away from me" I say sternly.

I feel a tear slide out of my eye and into my hair. I wipe it away furiously. I don't want to be deemed weak in his presence so that he can take it to his advantage. He takes another step forward and I hold out my hand to stop him.

"Stay away" I say again,he hardens his jaw and clenches his fists then leaves the room. I sigh remembering those few messed up days with him. It brings back goosebumps and makes my body hair stand up and that tingling feeling resurface.
Ugh my life.