Chapter 36

The dates are going to be skipping by very fast in this chapter to catch up with the next. Enjoy. ;)

Phoebe's POV

(First week)Monday~ All the events of Saturday haven't all vanished but it's study time now. Exams are due in another three weeks or should I say two because we should start studying now and I'm not going to waste not one second of the day.
"As you all know that exams are due in the next three or two weeks from now so it's hard studying" Mr.Webster announces and my pulse begins to quickens.
"So I won't waste any more of your time. You can form groups of two and revise; all the best" he says walking around the table then sits on his seat.

I look over at Brent who looks the less interested to study.
"Ready?" I ask snapping him back to earth.
"For what?" He asks confuse. That has got to be one of the cutest looks he ever gives when he's clueless. I shake my head at his cluelessness.
"Study genius" I say rolling my eyes.
"Oh" is all he says and looks at the book in front of him. I want to ask if he's ok and then I remembered where my questions bought us. I nod and start reading. After reading the most important parts I decided to ask him questions.
"So are you down for me ask you questions?" I ask and he shrugs.
"No. I'm not in the mood right now" he flatly remarks and I nod.

"Can I ask you a question?" I ask.
"You just did" he exhales. I glare at him.
"Remember what happened the last time you asked questions?" He air quotes and I blow down.
"Yeah but I just want to know if you're ok"
"Yeah" he answers dryly. I want to know more but I don't want to force him. I leave him be and watch as he stares relentlessly at the poor book. I want to wipe that frown from off his face. Before I could think my lips connects with his cheeks and he shifts looking around.
"What the fuck is wrong with you don't you understand when someone wants space" he growls and my cheeks fill with embarrassment; immediately. Why is he so cold. I got up and make my feet lead me to where they please.

Brent's POV

Her lips connects with my cheeks and I am caught off guard not knowing how to react. I shift and look around.
"What the fuck is wrong with you don't you understand when someone wants space" I growl and watch as her cheeks fill with embarrassment. Shit. I know I hurt her feelings when she just wanted to make sure that I'm ok. I'm still pissed off with my father and his shitty invitation. I know that I'm acting very cold right now with her but I just need to clear my head. I'm slightly annoyed when she gets up and walk away.

"Fuck" I say underneath my breath. The bell rings thankfully and I walk out of class without the teachers dismissal. I stride towards the hallway with the intention of catching up to her. Thankfully she hasn't gotten far;I take a couple of strides towards her tense body and grab her wrist. She stops and look around at me shooting daggers in the process. I drag her into a corner which is used to separate a chain of lockers.

She glares at me and yanks my hand from hers. I blow down.
"Look I know that wasn't called for but I'm in a very dark place right now" I say honestly and watch as her eyes softens the goes back to 'fake' anger.
"When aren't you ever.....I'm sorry Brent but I was only trying to make you're I don't know......ok" she says shrugging. It's nice of her to try but I can take care of my own issues. I place my index finger under her chin and slowly rise her head so that she can look at me. Her beautiful orbs bore into mine and she bites her lips. I suck in a sharp breath and close my eyes to distract myself from those lips. I can picture them swollen as I suck and lick them.

"No need to say sorry. I'm fine you don't have to worry about me. I can take care of my problems" I inform her. Her eyes gives off a sad reflection probably because I refuse to tell her what is going on in my fucked up life. I remove my finger from her chin.
"I know but it's just-never mind" her tone is flat as she tries to step pass me. I stand my ground and look at her. She refuses to even glimpse at me.
"I have to go" she says.
"Are we good?" I ask.
"Yes" she says giving me a small convincing smile. But that still doesn't convince me. I step to the side and watch as she walks away her image disappearing as she turn down the hallway.