Chapter 15

Brent's POV

I find myself in my room foolishly thinking about that red head and our make out session. I can still remember the indescribable feeling that shot through my body when our lips connected.

She's pure;untouched and yet I treat her like she's nothing. What the fuck is wrong with me. I decide to call Kyle. On the second ring he answers.
"What time is the party?" I ask getting to the point.
"Hello to you too.....how are you Kyle? I'm good th-"

He rumbles before I shut him up.
"Shut the Fuck up and answer the question" I growl getting impatient.
"At six..... happy now" He shouts making me wince at his sudden out burst in my ears.
"Fuck man I'm not deaf" I snarl angrily.
"Sorry;yeah" he mutters.

"So how are things with you and your new friend? If I may ask" he says knowing what my answer would be. The scene of her running into the house upset replays in my head and I instantly got angry and fling the closest thing I can  find which is a flower vase.

I watch as it shatters while hearing Kyle asking me what just broke. My mom and Brith went out grocery shopping not like I care.
"What was that Brent?" He asks carefully.
"Nothing... don't you know the breaking of a fucking vase!!" I shout.

"Ok no need to get worked up about it" anger is pulsing through my veins for God knows what reason and he's saying I shouldn't get worked up about it. Bullshit.
"What did you say to her Brent?." He interrogates me. I take a deep breath trying to stay calm.

"How many times must I tell you to stay the fuck out of my damn business it doesn't concern you....fuck" I growl slamming my fist against the door in anger.

"You know what's wrong with you Brent... you shut people you care about you out and that's why you have so much anger built in not to mention trust issues. I know you don't want to hear this but Phoebe is one hell of a woman and if you can't fucking see that then you're blind" He says angrily.

I have never seen the little wuss like this at all. 
"Look you don't know fuck about me no one does so don't act like you fucking care cause I don't even care myself and I'm wasting too much time talking to you" I say about to hang up the phone.

"You'll know soon enough Brent just treat her right" he says then I hang up. I sigh and a few minutes later mom and Bri came and I head downstairs for a bottle of water and went back up. After an hour mom calls.
"Dinner!!" She shouts and I hesitantly walk out of my room and join them.
......
I went back to my room after dinner not feeling in the mood to party which is unlike me. I take  up my phone and start skipping through my contacts stopping at Red Head. I sigh exhaustingly and walk over to my closet.

I press the caller ID involuntarily... it's like there's this fucked up magnet that won't let us go as cheesy as it may sound. I doubt that she would want to talk to me not after what I did to her. As expected she doesn't answer. I dial two more times but it's the same response.
Why am I even calling?
Then I remember that I could use the house phone. I walk downstairs and grab the house phone and return to my room.

I dial her number and she picks up at the second ring.
"Hello"I hear her soft tiresome voice say.
"Phoebe..." I call.
"No Brent not now I-I'm tired" she says as her voice cracks at little at the end. I sigh.

"Phoebe don't hang up I have something to say"I tell her selfishly hoping she doesn't.
"Just hear me out. You are the first one that have me like this" I say truthfully. I hear her sigh.
"O-ok" her shaky voice answers.

"I know I said some shit and I don't deserve your friendship. It's just that you're so innocent and pure. I see what I do to you.  I don't want to jeopardize whatever we may have." I tell her.

"What friendship Brent? You're ashamed to be seen with me and it hurts and those kisses meant something to me and I-I thought it meant something to you too but I'm too naïve. You don't deserve my friendship at all." She says calmly. I suddenly feel like shit I expect her to shout at me, call me names but she's just talking to me calmly.

"For fucks sakes shout at me Phoebe, tell me how disgusted you are of me and stop talking to me so damn calmly" I snap.
"You see what I'm talking about your mood swings are too much for me to handle one minute you're ok next minute your yelling,lustful,angry, and so on. I can't afford for you to break me anymore I'm already broken Brent" she's in full tears.

"I'm not like you Brent I'm not myself  since you came into my life I cry every time you say something hurtful but I can't stay away and I'm a fool saying all this and I know you don't care" she cries even harder.

"This is the fucking reason why I don't do friendships I fucking hurt people and you're wrong  I'm not ashamed to be seen with you. We're two different people Phoebe and this isn't gonna work." I say trying to void my emotions.
"So what are we Brent?" She asks sniffing.
"W-we're friends with....." I pause.
"With what Brent?!" She asks  with hurt in her voice.
"With nothing"  I immediately regret it.

"I thought-you know what screw you Brent" then the line goes dead. I plop down on my bed massaging my ear temples. Never has a girl have me feeling this angry about her expect for Jena. My jaws harden as I remember her face. I close my eyes

Who the hell is Jena?!